Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-14-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Well then do it man.

If you’re as much dps as you think you are they won’t live 36 seconds. 2 charm pets at 120dps (as high as 140s if you’re balling Krups) is 8640 damage in 36 seconds. With krups that’s 10,080 damage in 36 seconds. Add in anyone else at or around 100 dps and 36 seconds would be 11-13k dmg.

In crypt/emp most mobs have between 6k and 8200hp. That’s ~25 seconds a kill from just enchanter pets … before your own competing damage is factored in. If your own dps is as good as you think it is; fights will be about 15-20 seconds. Time for a nuke. 2 if you’re lucky and the bored enchanters aren’t also nuking.

For a mage? More than enough time to slap their 55-65dps pet on the mob and lazily lob 1-2 bombs a fight.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-14-2022 at 01:21 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well then do it man.
Already did it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-g8Ywibztg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwiGKTuu2E

It is up to you to prove these videos are somehow faked, or there is no possible way this could translate over to a group situation.

This evidence is superior to your screenshot of parser data, and Allishia's data is superior to yours since it is raw log data.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Those are videos of you soloing mobs.

Funny at the end of fight video 2 you are half mana and half health though … and it took you 3 minutes and 30+ seconds to finish the fight (38dps is not impressive)

Last edited by Troxx; 09-14-2022 at 01:25 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not scared at all. The data still supports my view.
Due to your - objectively irrefutable - movement of goal posts, it is not apparent what view you are attempting to argue for at any given time, so for the sake of the civil discussion please confirm your current view & what relevant, factual data you believe, specifically/particularly, supports said view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am simply not going to agree with your incorrect premise that my data is invalid, simply because you don't like my data lol.
The problem is your post would seem to indicate that you believe that the data/evidence you have provided - which was specifically & explicitly not data of your Shaman's performance in a 4 person all caster/priest group - is somehow/for some reason relevant to this discussion - which, again, is specifically & explicitly about a "4 person all caster/priest group" - and therefore valid.

The data/evidence you have provided is irrelevant, this is why it is not valid nor meaningful to this discussion. Again, this has already been explained to you multiple times by multiple people, so I am not sure why your post would seem to indicate that you are still unaware of this irrefutable fact - which you cannot refute.

Quote:
I have an open mind, and I would love to be proven wrong.
Your seeming reluctance to even attempt to engage in a civil discussion with me - in addition to all the rest of the evidence, which is visible to all in this thread - is evidence that suggests the contrary: that being you do not have an open mind, and would not love to be proven wrong. I would certainly love to be proven wrong about this, but thus far you have apparently simply chosen to ignore my posts, dodge my questions, and make unsubstantiated - and false - claims about my posts in your replies to others hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
But simply claiming you are right because you don't like my data isn't proving anything wrong. It is just childish.
Simply ignoring facts and dodging questions isn't proving yourself correct, nor others wrong. Calling others childish (or silly, or trolling) is not proving yourself correct, nor others wrong - and is indicative that you
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-14-2022 at 01:30 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are videos of you soloing mobs.
You still need to prove that doesn't translate to a group. You have yet to do so lol.

Here, let me do the same thing you are doing: "You still haven't proven your screenshots aren't photoshopped".

Also, I noticed you did some "napkin math". Isn't that illegal in your world?

I have shown DPS breakpoints on mobs with 8000 HP many times.

Based on your data, 2x Krup Knights would do around 170 DPS.

A Mage with an Epic Pet is doing around 120 DPS with pet and nuking once per fight due to mana constraints.

A Shaman is doing around 55 DPS with pet and nuking twice per fight, they can afford to do so via Torpor.

The difference in time between 290 DPS and 225 DPS is 27.5 seconds vs. 35.5 seconds. Your "napkin math" is seriously off.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

This is a good thread for reason to choose Riot instead of Vanquish, hope that helps.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Based on your data, 2x Krup Knights would do around 170 DPS.
Can we get an enchanter in here to school this fool? You think a Krup charmed hasted and torched is 70dps? Lol a Jin knight (lowest frog in seb) hasted and torched is a good solid 90-100 float depending on fight. A bok is 110-120. A full on murder-mode Krup (one of them) is going to crank above 140. I have seen isolated fights pushing closer to 170 than 160 (not representative of average but luck happens).

You don’t parse much do you. You are apparently clueless.

When I duo with ench on my cleric the “safe pet” (bok) will drop an 8k mob in about a minute (+/- a tick)

Last edited by Troxx; 09-14-2022 at 01:33 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Can we get an enchanter in here to school this fool? You think a Krup charmed hasted and torched is 70dps? Lol a Jin knight (lowest frog in seb) hasted and torched is a good solid 90-100 float depending on fight. A bok is 110-120. A full on murder-mode Krup (one of them) is going to crank above 140.

You don’t parse much do you. You are apparently clueless.
I would love to get some raw DPS data from Enchanters. I am literally just using your own data. It is hilarious you keep blaming me for your own data.

But the Enchanter pets doing more DPS hurts your argument further lol.

If the Enchanters are doing 220 DPS with pets, the math looks like this:

Your group is doing roughly 340 DPS with the Epic Mage, and 275 DPS with the Shaman.

The difference in time is 23.5 seconds vs. 29 seconds. The time difference drops to 5.5 seconds.

DPS has diminishing returns on kill speed the more you stack.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-14-2022 at 01:35 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Your group is doing roughly 340 DPS with the Mage, and 275 DPS with the Shaman.
-120 mage dps is more than double 55 shaman dps.
-In order to do that dps you are only casting dps and not doing any utility.
-the group didn’t need your utility to begin with.

So the mage is more twice as good as the shaman.

Awesome, glad we can agree.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by Troxx; 09-14-2022 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
-120 dps is more than double 55 dps.
-In order to do that dps you are only casting dps and not doing any utility.
-the group didn’t need your utility to begin with.

So the mage is more twice as good as the shaman.

Awesome, glad we can agree.
Again, this is a nonsense argument.

The Mage can only DPS. If your group only needs DPS during a specific encounter, your Shaman can just do DPS.

The benefit to a Shaman is the Shaman can switch out of DPS mode at any time. Your Mage is stuck in DPS mode forever, and can't help the party when an emergency occurs.

DPS has diminishing returns, so 65 DPS means less if your group's DPS is already really high.