Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-27-2022, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

ALL WRONG.

Green will switch to a period correct pvp server timeline.

to save p99 money on multiple servers green will flip flop every cycle PVE to PVP, PVP to PVE and the cycle will go on.......

So you may be doing the exact same thing OP posted but on a red server next time around
Old 02-27-2022, 08:19 PM
Banned

you actually might be right that next green cycle is pvp progression server
Old 02-27-2022, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you actually might be right that next green cycle is pvp progression server
This is big dream stuff. I can't wait to get ganked over a cracked staff skele fte
Old 02-27-2022, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ALL WRONG.

Green will switch to a period correct pvp server timeline.

to save p99 money on multiple servers green will flip flop every cycle PVE to PVP, PVP to PVE and the cycle will go on.......

So you may be doing the exact same thing OP posted but on a red server next time around
Pvp sucks, why waste time and money on that. Need to pass the drugs around if you think that's going to happen.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pvp sucks, why waste time and money on that. Need to pass the drugs around if you think that's going to happen.
why not? pve was done why not pvp? I hate everquest pvp but it only makes sense to switch ever 3-4 years between them. hell, id even try a red progression if it had a population spike and a player base investment like greeen did.

drugs are bad m'kay i dont poison my body
Old 02-28-2022, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 2.0 advice for would-be raiders, nostalgia seekers, and the content-curious (a work in progress - feel free to add your input and maybe I'll turn this into a Wiki article or something)

Things to watch out for on future Project 1999 timeline servers. Warnings to the casual and hardcore alike. A crystal ball of what might be in our future on the next server.

————————————————————
CLASSIC / VANILLA / PRE-KUNARK
————————————————————

—Launch era—

Crowded newbie zones
Expect to camp the spawn point of a decaying skeleton while 99 other people rush around KSing each other.

Legacy camps: Manastone, Guise of the Deceiver, Rubicite Breastplate, Drelzna JBoots
There will be 10-20 players standing at these camps around the clock. Each character will have to wait 3-5 days to get their item. To accomplish this, groups of players will take turns on a single character. The list mechanic allows a 15-minute grace period in case of connection loss. This allows one player to camp out and another player to log in to the same character. Players will take shifts in this way to keep that character on the /list for long enough to get the item. If you cannot do this or are not willing to share account info, you may not be able to get these items. These camps were camped by 10-20 people 24/7 from the moment it was possible to camp them until the moment they were removed from the game.

My druid Naala spent 87 hours on the manastone list. Each night, one of my friends would play her for 6 hours so I could sleep. I would keep my laptop with me the other 18 hours of every day for 4 and a half days. That’s how you get a manastone. If you can’t do that, you won’t be able to camp a manastone. You can farm a lot of plat and buy one.

—Plane of Fear—

Planar rotations
Fear and Hate were rotated between guilds in 8-hour blocks, with each guild owning 1-3 blocks. A guild would fully clear the Plane of Fear during each of their eight-hour blocks in order to fully utilize their slot and get as much loot as they can.

Plane of Fear legacy items
Lustrous Russet armor, the legacy item Plane of Fear armor, will be farmed assiduously by those who know about it. It is the same as Indicolite armor (the later Plane of Hate warrior armor), but it is usable by all plate and chain classes. Expect clerics and shamans wearing Lustrous Russet Boots, rogues wearing Lustrous Russet Breastplate, bards wearing Lustrous Russet Bracer, and more.

Spinechiller Spiders drop the Cryosilk Robe, but only until Plane of Hate comes out. In later eras, this robe is trash, but it looks really good.

Fear Golems 1.0
Initially, Fright, Dread, and Terror don’t drop anything at all. They also don’t death touch or have any AEs. One of them blinds the tank (surprise!). They are just large golems with no loot table.

—Plane of Hate—

Fear and Hate were rotated between guilds in 8-hour blocks, with each guild owning 1-3 blocks. A guild would fully clear the Plane of Hate during each of their eight-hour blocks in order to fully utilize their slot and get as much loot as they can. The level cap is still 50, so it’s quite difficult. Expect to wipe sometimes.

—Plane of Sky—

The Ishva Mal for Summon Corpse
It was announced that Plane of Sky would be “competitive” for the first two weeks. As the release date of Plane of Sky approached, experienced players realized Summon Corpse might be necessary to quickly progress a whole guild through Plane of Sky (get some players keyed to the next island, have other players die on purpose and summon their corpses to the next island, and rez them).

As soon as The Ishva Mal was added to the game, <Seal Team> began permanently camping it, rotating in shifts and holding the camp indefinitely. They did not keep a camp list. Other players asked to camp the Ishva Mal after them, but they did not respond to /tells. They held the camp for many days. Other guilds were incensed.

Players petitioned them until finally the GMs implemented a /list mechanic for the Ishva Mal. Only necromancers could join the /list. Due to the 36-hour spawn time of the Ishva Mal, necromancers had to stay at the camp for hours or days at a time. Most necromancers did not bother.

“Competitive Sky” did not end up happening. The guilds quickly agreed on a weekly rotation. Also, it turned out nobody used Summon Corpse that much to advance in Plane of Sky. So the round-the-clock camping, the drama and rage, the petitioning, and the /list torture was all for nothing. the end

Plane of Sky while the level cap is 50 is a form of torture
During this era, when the level cap was 50, it took normal raid guilds 8-12 hours to clear Plane of Sky. Supposedly Seal Team would do Plane of Sky using almost exclusively mages, something like 20-30 mages, and that worked better when the level cap was 50.

--
Please post your own advice for players next server. Please reply with anything I missed or got wrong. I'll post my Kunark notes later.

PvP flag all raid zones and high value item camps. Is it perfect? Of course not, but in the end it's about the good outweighing the bad. I think doing it like this would be more positive than negative if you sum everything up.

No more 86 hour camps (talk about deranged) and no more vitriolic "Lawyer PvP" - which is far more damaging for everyone involved than just normal pvp, not to mention the time wasted for everyone, including GM's trying to police it all.

My assessment is that despite the flaws of EQ pvp, it would still be a net positive to turn pvp on in above mentioned instances. At least think about it.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP flag all raid zones and high value item camps. Is it perfect? Of course not, but in the end it's about the good outweighing the bad. I think doing it like this would be more positive than negative if you sum everything up.

No more 86 hour camps (talk about deranged) and no more vitriolic "Lawyer PvP" - which is far more damaging for everyone involved than just normal pvp, not to mention the time wasted for everyone, including GM's trying to police it all.

My assessment is that despite the flaws of EQ pvp, it would still be a net positive to turn pvp on in above mentioned instances. At least think about it.
Other than being super griefy, eq pvp can be pretty fun. I think it's more the type of person is it attracts is the main issue
Old 02-28-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

If you think huge zerg guilds are a problem on PVE servers, wait til you see PVP servers. There will be one huge guild and a few small squads that scurry like rodents and get routinely stomped in PVP.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:04 PM
Banned

seems kinda dumb to remove legacy items on a time lock custom server lol
Old 02-28-2022, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is big dream stuff. I can't wait to get ganked over a cracked staff skele fte
id rather have this than making another server for a red progression only to split the community on p99 even more. remember when blue had over 1k regularly and now with 3 servers it barely happens now. could you imagine splitting p99 into 4 servers. id rather have populated serve,r even if it means fighting over cracked staffs in a legendary battle in gfay.

plus splitting staff among another server? no, once green pve is over pvp should have its time to shine like pve did. might even see higher population numbers than red ever did.