Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
labeled racist for loving your country, what a sham.
Vandalizing historic Black churches out of love for your country? You're watching way too much Tucker, bud.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

You'd never make a good lawyer everything you say would be objected to and thrown out.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about that guy who ran over 45 elderly women and girls in Wisconsin?
dems already sayin the old peeps and kids run over by that guy deserved it cuz of Rittenhouse or something
Old 11-22-2021, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea correct, they are white supremist because they like america.
yes
Old 11-22-2021, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Libtard crocodile tears sleepy hair-sniffing joe as their leader and kneepads Kamala.
Ole biden was accused of sexual assault and rape last week. Did you see that? Biden even ran from the DNA test, saying he cant take it because hes too busy watching TV and playing golf.

I mean, thats a huge problem, right?

LOL of course its not.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

OK so hear me out.

You know how it's perfectly legal to film someone in public? I think that's great, and I am not arguing against that in anyway.

However, I have a pitch. Because I hate what that is doing to society with tikotk.

Example: What if you film someone at a public park that performing a puppet show that they charge admission to sit and watch, does that make it ok to film it? Sure it does actually, no arguments here!

How about if you post that on tiktok and you get 1,000,000 followers because the joke in it was hilarious?

Still ok, but here I have a pitch.

WHAT IF the money that you make posting social media, can be sought after by the person you filmed in public? So you can film people in public ALL YOU WANT, nobody is going to stop that.

BUT if you post it on youtube, and you make 16k off a viral video of some kid crying, and the parents of that kid find out, they could (with my pitch) seek out the profits made from that video from either the person posting it, or the website that posts it (get rid of section 13! also making social media liable for the misinformation the publish, win/win!).

The idea behind this law is a little bit of social engineering:

1. People need to stop posting things online.
2. Websites need to stop making money off of things people post online if it's damaging to anyone.
3. less karrens

Note: Public servants and the like, void so you can film police etc, this is designed to prevent an individual from making money off another individual simply by filming and posting it.

I dont think it's a terrible idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2021, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK so hear me out.

You know how it's perfectly legal to film someone in public? I think that's great, and I am not arguing against that in anyway.

However, I have a pitch. Because I hate what that is doing to society with tikotk.

Example: What if you film someone at a public park that performing a puppet show that they charge admission to sit and watch, does that make it ok to film it? Sure it does actually, no arguments here!

How about if you post that on tiktok and you get 1,000,000 followers because the joke in it was hilarious?

Still ok, but here I have a pitch.

WHAT IF the money that you make posting social media, can be sought after by the person you filmed in public? So you can film people in public ALL YOU WANT, nobody is going to stop that.

BUT if you post it on youtube, and you make 16k off a viral video of some kid crying, and the parents of that kid find out, they could (with my pitch) seek out the profits made from that video from either the person posting it, or the website that posts it (get rid of section 13! also making social media liable for the misinformation the publish, win/win!).

The idea behind this law is a little bit of social engineering:

1. People need to stop posting things online.
2. Websites need to stop making money off of things people post online if it's damaging to anyone.
3. less karrens

Note: Public servants and the like, void so you can film police etc, this is designed to prevent an individual from making money off another individual simply by filming and posting it.

I dont think it's a terrible idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's why that wont work. When you're in public, you have no right to privacy. You just dont. When I film someone kid crying and post it on youtube, that is now my property, despite it being not my kid.

If you charge for your puppet show, you'll need to get some ropes and stakes to get people out of earshot. Your intellectual property is yours though, thats your puppet show, and if someone is stealing your property and selling it for a profit, yeah thats a problem. I dont think one 5 minute clip is going to ruin the show though. If they are stalking, filming every time, doing it to exploit the show, yeah thats an issue. The thing is, if you copyright, your songs and characters are yours.

Its two different issues. One is about public privacy and the other is intellectual property. The second one is hard.. thats why you cant copyright a dance and the fortnight shit is going nowhere.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

mostly peaceful person of color experiences terrible vehicle accident next to a parade
Old 11-22-2021, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

That's what Washington is. One big puppet show.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mostly peaceful person of color experiences terrible vehicle accident next to a parade
CNN said he was fleeing a crime scene. Because as we all know the best way to get away from the police inconspicuously is to run over a bunch of people at a parade

Edit: no surprise charged with 5 counts intentional homicide, not reckless endangerment or manslaughter

Now we can compare and contrast the evidence of intentional homicide with Kyle shooting attackers versus this guy running over an unsuspecting grandmother and child from behind in a car
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-22-2021 at 04:35 PM..
Closed Thread