Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-20-2023, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHAT THE EVER-LIVING FUCK?
I hate spell-swapping. Here's my solo list.

1) Tashania
2) Theft of Thought
3) Mesmerize
4) Allure
5) Paralyzing Earth
6) Pacify (Just upgraded from Soothe at level 58)
7) Berserker Spirit (until I get Bedlam)
8) Spell swap Slot. [Dementia: when soloing to finish off mobs.] [Rune III or IV or V: depending on how low HP I am.] [Re-buffs] [AE Mez: if I'm breaking a room that I think I might get crit resist on.]

I died a few times in Seb because I got greedy in ABC and had a bunch of crit resist Pacis. Other than that, I don't die.

Hot take: You don't need stun as Enc. Just rune up, and then Mez. (It's only 1s longer cast than stun)
Old 09-20-2023, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

If I am fighting stunnable stuff I usually keep Color Skew + Color Slant on the bar. I probably eat an occasional death for not using the faster cast Color Flux but having the chance to stun lock is luxurious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate spell-swapping. Here's my solo list.

1) Tashania
2) Theft of Thought
3) Mesmerize
4) Allure
5) Paralyzing Earth
6) Pacify (Just upgraded from Soothe at level 58)
7) Berserker Spirit (until I get Bedlam)
8) Spell swap Slot. [Dementia: when soloing to finish off mobs.] [Rune III or IV or V: depending on how low HP I am.] [Re-buffs] [AE Mez: if I'm breaking a room that I think I might get crit resist on.]

I died a few times in Seb because I got greedy in ABC and had a bunch of crit resist Pacis. Other than that, I don't die.

Hot take: You don't need stun as Enc. Just rune up, and then Mez. (It's only 1s longer cast than stun)
Enchanter life is better with slot 1 swap slot due to its unique recast mechanics.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter life is better with slot 1 swap slot due to its unique recast mechanics.
But it only works on spells with <= 2.5s recast time, right? Everything over 2.5s you have to wait the full duration even if GCD reset.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it only works on spells with <= 2.5s recast time, right? Everything over 2.5s you have to wait the full duration even if GCD reset.
It just has to finish casting after the recast is up. For example you can mem rune or slow, hit your gcd, and cast immediately. But with Dimentia you have to wait 2 seconds (8 second recast minus 6 second cast), or Pacify you have to wait 3 seconds (6 second recast minus 3 second cast).

It's convenient that the 2s Dimentia pause is slightly shorter than the natural global reset, so if you are casting a couple you can wait for that then gcd and nuke again.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

You don't need pacify and berserker on your bar at all times lol.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bedlam has a recast time so if you swap it in, you can’t immediately use it, even in slot 1

To me that’s dicey to not keep it on bar (previous version = berserker), but I’ll defer to your greater experience

I used to always keep color shift on bar. It’s only a 6s stun vs color slant’s 8s, but it is dirt cheap mana wise. If I recall slant is like 3-4x as much mana per cast. Both have the same fairly quick cast time

In dungeons I started using slant though. Still greedy and keeping wandering mind on bar despite not always a lot of casters to use it on. I do plan to do 2 stuns (flux and slant) when I do some of the more dangerous dungeons

I enjoy spell swapping though. I need an “active” class to not get bored out of my mind. Even on enchanter, even when things are hectic and dicey, I usually still end up getting bored and logging out after an hour-ish playing
Old 09-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are newbs
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-20-2023, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

imagine playing an enchanter and not using stuns

lol
Old 09-20-2023, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

I have 1k ac on my enc and I still run 2 stuns
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-20-2023, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to always keep color shift on bar. It’s only a 6s stun vs color slant’s 8s, but it is dirt cheap mana wise.
That 2 seconds makes all the difference, allure's casting time is 6 seconds so the mob(s) will be unstunned and can interrupt you before charm lands.

Quote:
Berserker/Bedlam has a 9 second cooldown on top slot. I think it's an essential spell on your bar at all times along with charm and 2 stuns.