Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-18-2023, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm just did Seb last night. Best part about Seb is all the shaman lying around, so every mob is hasted. Make sure to take Jaspers and Peridots for multiple runes.

I only died 4 times yesterday between ABC and NG. It was fun. Paid 400p for 4 rezzes. Made 800p from Gems. +400p. nIce
I’ve noticed the mobs in some of the late game dungeons all hold torches to make them dual wield? That’s pretty sneaky too

I told myself I was going to go to the late game dungeons at 58 but then I procrastinated saying well I should get a nice cushion of exp in case I die I won’t de-level….

….then I found an outside spot with fairly slow exp but decent pp, about 800ish/hour if drops go well. Now I’m 1 bubble from 59

But I will eventually go, better late anyway when it comes to trying to hold charms and not have mobs hit me for max damage every swing
Old 09-18-2023, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve noticed the mobs in some of the late game dungeons all hold torches to make them dual wield? That’s pretty sneaky too

I told myself I was going to go to the late game dungeons at 58 but then I procrastinated saying well I should get a nice cushion of exp in case I die I won’t de-level….

….then I found an outside spot with fairly slow exp but decent pp, about 800ish/hour if drops go well. Now I’m 1 bubble from 59

But I will eventually go, better late anyway when it comes to trying to hold charms and not have mobs hit me for max damage every swing
If you're that nervous, keep your 1 second stun, 2 second and gate at all times. You get in a bad situation. Stun, stun and gate out. Bind at portal outside seb.

When you need to bank, OT hammer and just buy a port to whichever city you want.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're that nervous, keep your 1 second stun, 2 second and gate at all times. You get in a bad situation. Stun, stun and gate out. Bind at portal outside seb.

When you need to bank, OT hammer and just buy a port to whichever city you want.
Ya, assuming you mean the fastest cast (color flux) into the longest duration (color slant). That sounds pretty smart. Or just a WC cap, but I'm poor, so the gate idea is more tempting
Old 09-19-2023, 12:01 AM
Sarnak

No need to reinvent the wheel. Color slant or shift and color skew on your bar at all times when solo on a chanter.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:24 AM
Banned

If you do die while solong in the 58 to 60 range, replay the last 20 seconds of the death in your head instead of raging.

What went wrong? What spell cast order could you have tried differently. It's easy to get frusterated and not want to play. Instead if you are reflective you will learn from each death so that particular way of dieing becomes less common over time.

After a while you will be willing to try harder mobs and areas after you have built your confidence.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Every death is an opportunity to learn. Especially since yo ass aint gettin a cleric rez so you're gonna be re-making that XP anyway.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every death is an opportunity to learn.
Jimjam confirmed most learned warrior on the server. WISDOM > 305

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-19-2023, 02:32 PM
Banned

Can confirm. Jimjam's warrior does all my Research combines. Never fails. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2023, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need to reinvent the wheel. Color slant or shift and color skew on your bar at all times when solo on a chanter.
I have made it to level 58 without using stun. Mesmerize / Mesmerization work very well. Maybe not reinventing the wheel but I think the wheel has too many spokes
Last edited by zelld52; 09-20-2023 at 08:39 AM..
Old 09-20-2023, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have made it to level 58 without using stun.
WHAT THE EVER-LIVING FUCK?