Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-14-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Hmm this reminds me. I wonder if I have screenshots of my Deathcharger Reins and Time-Lost Proto-Drake? The game is long uninstalled but I tend to save screenshots and I do still have that old hard drive.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm this reminds me. I wonder if I have screenshots of my Deathcharger Reins and Time-Lost Proto-Drake? The game is long uninstalled but I tend to save screenshots and I do still have that old hard drive.
You probably do

My quitting WoW story I guess is also a bit of a personal growth experience: the risks of being too type A/competitive

After we got and held rank 1, I was convinced we were the best in the US. This was a time WoW was possibly going to become an e-sport, and there was talk about teams getting sponsored. I was posting about our success on the official forums, and the consensus was that if you weren’t in battlegroup 9 (a collection of servers that compete against each other in BG’s and arenas), then you weren’t the best. Apparently two servers in particular, Blackrock and Tichondrius, had a reputation for having hyper-competitive pvp teams. There was a migration of battlegroup’s best arena teams to BG9 in attempts to prove they were the absolute best in the USA

So of course, my team all transferred. And it turns out, competition on BG9 was indeed fierce. We were rank 1 with a 90%ish win rate on BG1 when we left, but on BG9 we got cockblocked/stalled out around rank 13-14ish. We could break into the top 20, but not even the top 10, at least initially. This caused high levels of nerd rage, arguing amongst each other, and that caused burnout. Our team of multiple years broke up only like 2 weeks after we xferred due to 2 of our players quitting. Had we had better communication and coping/adjusting, we may have been able to get top 10, maybe even sponsored

But looking back, I’m glad it ended there (I quit then). I also was able to turn around a lot of RL issues after quitting. I did eventually meet and hang out with my old team multiple times in CA. One of our members was fairly rich and would drop $1000’s on a single night out with us, was good times. Lost contact with them years ago tho unfortunately
Old 04-14-2022, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Did any of you ever play Final Fantasy 11? I remember really enjoying it for all the same reasons I enjoy EQ.

I kind of consider it the last of the old-school MMOs in terms of the time commitment and required and grinding. It also had the same XP loss upon death that EQ had. I think you had to loot your body as well, but my memory is hazy on that.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:08 AM
Banned

The goal of every gamer is to improve their gaming skills in World of Warcraft, then wow mythic plus is what you need. This content will help you gain the experience you need and learn new skills, allowing you to become a more experienced and successful player. I've played several times myself and I can confidently say that it has been one of the best decisions in my gaming career.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Its a shame the Asherons Call emu community could never come together and agree to settle on one server.

Best game ever created.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Not reading shit, but how many snaggletooths pretended to prefer no instancing, yet complain about having to share pixels?
Old 05-18-2023, 01:55 PM
Banned

>playing WoW after burning crusade
(lol)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>playing WoW after burning crusade
(lol)
WOTLK was pretty fun, after that not much till Legion for the memberberries of what people dreamt of being able to do in the olden days, but after that straight dumpster fire that is Bobbo the clowns money printing machine.
Old 05-19-2023, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Blizzard is running on fumes creatively.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:46 AM
Aviak

I'm currently unsubbed and would prefer to play EQ p99 blue overall but it sure was fun at the time to play on classic release and see the story unfold. I was able to open the gates of Ahn Qiraj with my guild and server and that was probably some of the most memorable times in all of my gaming.
EQ items stay relevant, if you take a break from wow, your gear is outdated within a few months and that just sucks. Anyway here is my mount to brag about.. See you all next quake. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]