Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-14-2015, 03:48 AM
Banned

going on page 14 with zero data posted by OP

what a bug report
Old 05-14-2015, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
going on page 14 with zero data posted by OP

what a bug report
Well if little kids who never played classic would stop trolling it we would have had this resolved already.

And Nirgon just posted two resists from SOL spell still broken not classic.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Banned

At 136 (a very high number for a self buffed wizard in Kunark for a classic timeline) it hit most of the time

I'd say that's fine

Try getting a tash on someone wearing a gabstik, rile, underfoot, wurmscale, 2x diamond rings, mask coat etc

I can't think of ONE wizard rocking all this shit on RZ for the Kunark era... the diamond rings and a bonecaster robe sure... but the gabstik on top of the epic etc? Rile? Yeah dunno about that chief. Even still this is landing pretty well against 136... maybe dispel people / get them tashed

Unresistable at 255 is an absolutely insane claim (and look who is making it)
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-14-2015 at 01:00 PM..
Old 05-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 136 (a very high number for a self buffed wizard in Kunark for a classic timeline) it hit most of the time

I'd say that's fine

Try getting a tash on someone wearing a gabstik, rile, underfoot, wurmscale, 2x diamond rings, mask coat etc

I can't think of ONE wizard rocking all this shit on RZ for the Kunark era... the diamond rings and a bonecaster robe sure... but the gabstik on top of the epic etc? Rile? Yeah dunno about that chief. Even still this is landing pretty well against 136... maybe dispel people / get them tashed

Unresistable at 255 is an absolutely insane claim (and look who is making it)
Not a claim...that's what your doing, it's a fact

Thru Classic, Kunark, Velious and even Luclin this spell was UNRESISTABLE as Lure or Lifetap until it was changed for pvp in POP expansion.

You claim no one had resists that high back then... Bullshit even people with only 100 MR grouped with enc and bard broke 200 MR with GMR and Songs. Are we supposed to believe no one in Velious, Kunark, Luclin every had a bard and enc in group and benefited from GMR+ Elemental Rythems which would have boosted their MR to 200+

Still never a resist seen
Old 05-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Banned

I mean I know you had the only Crown of Rile on RZ in Kunark and can be the only person who knows all this but some of us ya know got prof

Do u?

I even did your homework for you lil boy with a lil sample at 136 MR

It seems very correct to me

Bane is still too hard to resist here btw, but since I know most people have been griefed off their shamans cuz dey bad.. I let it go... so much for selfish interests, right?
Old 05-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I know you had the only Crown of Rile on RZ in Kunark and can be the only person who knows all this but some of us ya know got prof

Do u?

I even did your homework for you lil boy with a lil sample at 136 MR

It seems very correct to me

Bane is still too hard to resist here btw, but since I know most people have been griefed off their shamans cuz dey bad.. I let it go... so much for selfish interests, right?
Your claims are absurd a Bard with GMR and elemental rhythms playing(with only mistmoore drums) would have had a 125 bonus to MR. Even with the worst gear this would have boosted his MR to 200+

Everyone claims the spell was unresistable, because they never saw a resist 136 MR lol everyone had 136 MR in velious. All you needed was a buff with 90ish MR and you broke that, Enchanters easily had 160ish with GMR plus shielding.

You do know GMR and shielding= 70 + MR right, + racial 25 base that's 95 MR butt naked!!

Still never a resist seen. Making a ridiculous claim that no one had that gear when buffs would allow a trash geared person to break 200 is ridiculous.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-14-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Old 05-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Banned

Do we have any patches for old log files/screenshots that can confirm this or is it all memory?
Old 05-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGANS LAW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we have any patches for old log files/screenshots that can confirm this or is it all memory?
Their are no patch notes to confirm or deny a vast majority of issues in PvP. Alecta was forced to code a lot of changes on memory and things found from alternate sites.

For Example:

If you research Shadow Knight Unholy Aura.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=4520

However this is not how it worked in Velious for that we were forced to go to Alternate sites...

http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/ht.asp

We've done the same with Shock of Lighting providing quit a few excerpts from everquest sites stating the spell was indeed unresistable in pvp as every player from every guild besides Empire has also agreed with.

At this point it's quite obvious to everyone here that Empire has an Agenda for not allowing this spell(And the others like it Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, Poison bolt) to function as it did in Classic. And no amount of proof posted seems to suffice.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their are no patch notes to confirm or deny a vast majority of issues in PvP. Alecta was forced to code a lot of changes on memory and things found from alternate sites.

For Example:

If you research Shadow Knight Unholy Aura.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=4520

However this is not how it worked in Velious for that we were forced to go to Alternate sites...

http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/ht.asp

We've done the same with Shock of Lighting providing quit a few excerpts from everquest sites stating the spell was indeed unresistable in pvp as every player from every guild besides Empire has also agreed with.

At this point it's quite obvious to everyone here that Empire has an Agenda for not allowing this spell(And the others like it Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, Poison bolt) to function as it did in Classic. And no amount of proof posted seems to suffice.
Yes, I'm well aware of the research process and where some of the information is obtained from.

The question is: do you have any websites or just anecdotal evidence for this particular change?
Old 05-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGANS LAW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I'm well aware of the research process and where some of the information is obtained from.

The question is: do you have any websites or just anecdotal evidence for this particular change?
We've already provided more than was needed for any other change, at this point you sound like someone arguing climate Change after 99% of the worlds scientists provided data and agreed.

We literally have less data to support most of the pvp changes in last patch.

Quote:
This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.

However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".

This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.
If a buncha posts like this from that era aren't credible enough proof for you then I don't know what to tell you, Colleges are accepting applicants even now, it's never to late to earn an education.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-17-2015 at 03:29 PM..