Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:41 AM
Aviak

Default Where does everyone level these days?

Ive went through the guides and i leveled my main up in 2010, just helping some friends level and i noticed all the good ZEM zones seem to be always dead post 30. The only one i see with people in it is MM and that's just a shitshow. With velious out do people level elsewhere post 30's now? guk, solb, always seem empty aside from maybe efreeti or some farming.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Your best bet, if you want to hunt in cool places, is to build your own group. Make friends from 1 to 30 and then bring them to those places.

I've seen people LFG in SolA, LGuk, even The Hole. You can break the mold. You just have to want it bad enough.

As for me, I usually do UGuk>SolA>OT>DL/CoM with some variations thrown in based on class, time, etc. I generally avoid Unrest, Mistmoore, and KC like the plague. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2016, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

SolA has increased in popularity these days.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:33 AM
Kobold

Velious dosn't change very much. It is not good exp. People stick to the same spots generally in Classic and Kunark.

The experience branch line which most engines travel is Oasis -> Mistmoore (Upper Guk) -> OT -> CoM (DL) -> Kornors -> Seb

Only the most unscrupulous people of Sodor ever purchase tickets to the Chardok Express.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

I leveled from 35-45 in sola, killing those clockwork gnomes. It was really good XP
Old 03-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

From 1-55~ there isn't much reason to leave classic zones for EXP.

Kunark and Velious have bad EXP mods, and NPCs are harder at the same levels.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Velious has a few good spots for the right classes. Druids and Rangers in particular have more options thanks to more animal-friendly zones. Wizards and Druids get a few more quad-kiting spots that are excellent. Plenty of low-effort root rotting spots added for Necro and Shaman, though they didn't really need anything new.

You'll have to find a buddy/bring a friend to most Velious zones though. While leveling in Eastern Wastes I was usually the only person in zone not farming/questing for ring items/drops. Other zones like Wakening Lands will always have people factioning and soloing.

I've done 39-53 on my Druid mostly in Velious. Its a nice change of pace and most zones have a great feel to them. Just expect to find most people doing the cookie-cutter Oasis->MM->CoM->KC path to snoozeville.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Cazic-Thule was a lot of fun when I was leveling my main. Would go there with a friend and farm his dark forge (?) pieces in the pyramid and got great concept till about 39.

Also - I miss lguk groups !
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Oasis/OT > Mistmoore > City of Mist > Karnors. Though to be honest, Mistmoore is fun if you're the puller at the castle entrance or courtyard, but other than that all of those zones are pure ass. A /who all soldunga should be the first thing you do when you get online, that place is amazing fun, xp and cash =)

Sadly the Crystal Caverns in the Eastern Wastes are usually deserted, /who all crystal doesn't list who's in that place and as such, you'd have to drag people there for a group. Tower of Frozen Shadows is a grind fest, but can be good fun if you got a few reliable friends. Kaesora is a hidden gem at 35-45, but don't tell anyone else about it! And Cazic-Thule at 28-35 at the alligators is hilarious if you got someone with harmony to pull. An endless amount of mobs with no casters? Yes please.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't there a LFG tool that takes away all these questions?