Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Any good April's Fools stories from today?

I put a fake two week notice in the office with just enough details to seem real, but still good spirited. Mini-panic attacks and laughs were had.

Anyone else?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Banned

Soon as my boss leaves (quarter just ended, surprised he is even still here actually) we are going to print out meme's we have been making all day and get toilet paper rolls and cover someones desk...kinda lame but the best we could come up with (the guy is out today so he wont even see until Monday)
Old 04-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Not lame at all.

At the office my mother worked at, desks were the battlefield upon which pranks were fought. They once sectioned off her cube with saran wrap and filled it to the brim with packing peanuts.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Someone asked me at work if I wanted a brownie.
I said, "Is the Pope, catholic?"

They gave me this, and I'd never felt so punned and disappointed.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Kobold

(I'm a high school teacher) - in the teacher's lounge today...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Being as paranoid as I am about privacy, a co-worker called me into his office to talk some business. I had some questions as well so he said let's go to your office, to talk details. He stood there, looking at me, looked up to the ceiling, said "How long has that been up there?" I turned around, and sure enough, there's a Webcam mounted to a ceiling tile, pointed right at my back / computer screen. I was about to call site security to let them handle the issue... He kept a straight face for 10 minutes while I was not sure whether that camera had been forgotten there from some real spying activity, or whether my boss would actually dare to monitor his workers.

Turns out a co-conspirator had used the time I was called out of my office to install the thing... I laughed pretty hard, when they cleared it up. Best I have been pranked so far, like ever... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DoucLangur; 04-01-2016 at 09:54 PM..
Old 04-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

A few years ago I placed a fake foot with just the toes sticking out of a huge clump of raked up leaves just outside our building, one of the older female secretaries noticed it and almost had a heart attack. They were just about to call the police when I ran outside and grabbed the foot and dropped it on her desk. It was awesome.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I put a craigslist ad up "selling" my boss's restaurant for about 1/4 of it's worth and listed his cell for contact info. He fielded around 50 calls from all over the country.

I laughed.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put a craigslist ad up "selling" my boss's restaurant for about 1/4 of it's worth and listed his cell for contact info. He fielded around 50 calls from all over the country.

I laughed.
Lol, thats good.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Convinced a coworker that the Xerox guys added voice command to the copy machine, seems simple but seein some pleb say "print from USB" over and over again with a confused look made my day