Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your best bet, if you want to hunt in cool places, is to build your own group. Make friends from 1 to 30 and then bring them to those places.
This for sure. People stay on the pug route because nobody wants to lfg for too long, but if you byog you can go almost anywhere. Blackburrow, SolA, Dalnir, Kaesora, Kedge, The Hole - these are all dungeons that are off the beaten path and amazing xp (well, Blackburrow is only good if you can turn in those fangs, so either get a druid to help you or be a good/neutral race).

If you join a leveling guild you can frequently get together a group in guild for this kind of thing, or at least the nucleus of one. Learn the zones, give everyone a taste of success, and people will be lining up to join you for future runs.

If you really want to just go solo and lfg, being patient enough sometimes gets results. I found on my journey up that the tank scarcity will let random groups form around you sometimes, even in really out of the way places like Permafrost. I think that depends on your class more than anything though.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 03-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't there a LFG tool that takes away all these questions?
Looking for group for the first 2 hours of a 3 hour play session is classic. GTFO
Old 03-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

A good way to find groups is /who all x y

(where x and y are the lowest and highest levels you are interested in grouping with).

This will result in showing all non-anon players in this level range and where they currently are. If you see someone in a zone you would be interested in XPing in, shoot them a tell and ask if you can join them / if they can do a LFP check in zone.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-24-2016 at 02:04 PM..
Old 03-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

solb doesnt have a high zem....its just bit higher than ave.

sola, kaesora, kedge keep upper guk are the highest zem zones.

unrest and lower guk have problems with pathing atmo.

generally look for zones without casters in, as they are broke and dont behave in classic manner.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 03-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Banned

Yeah it's pretty much:

Crushbone ---> Oasis --> UGuk --> MM --> OT --> CoM --> KC
Old 03-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your best bet, if you want to hunt in cool places, is to build your own group. Make friends from 1 to 30 and then bring them to those places.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried doing this when I first started playing. I noticed you would level with this group then 1 person would get busy for a couple days, another would get a couple days off and level with randoms. By the time everyone logged on you would have one guy in his teens, another in his twenties, couple that play together always in the thirties, and the one guy who grinded to 50. Or people would just quit.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Kobold

What class are you?
Old 03-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good way to find groups is /who all x y

(where x and y are the lowest and highest levels you are interested in grouping with).

This will result in showing all non-anon players in this level range and where they currently are. If you see someone in a zone you would be interested in XPing in, shoot them a tell and ask if you can join them / if they can do a LFP check in zone.
yeah but there is a tool out there that someone made that allows you to skip that process and just see who is lfg correctly. Server doesn't do /who all lfg well anymore.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
generally look for zones without casters in, as they are broke and dont behave in classic manner.
This is true. Wizard mobs will happily blast you with the highest level spells available - something that certainly wasn't the case on live. It can be an advantage if you got a certain setup (anything with reliable stuns and while facing blue cons, charm), but in general it is one massive 'fuck you' to the player if you bother to face these bro's.

My ranger actually died today because of that, because a lvl29 wizard used Thunder Shock on him and blew him off the cliff at the Mistmoore castle entrance x'D
Old 03-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Oasis is great for teens to twenties, although slightly slow, it is extremely safe. Unrest isn't super dangerous for the same level range but the exp is out of this world like cats on a moon!!!

30s-40s I can easily recommend Overthere. It is the Oasis of that level range.

40+ City of Mist is nice (solo or group) and endgame 50+ Howling Stones is great but very intimidating.