Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Later tonight I'll parse myself being hit by a fixed mob, and change my level of encumberance over weight limit using GamParse and post it.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerrp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing I don't understand is why you all have these items (clickies, resist gear, etc...) some of which have marginal benefit, suggesting you're min/maxing, and yet you're willing to go over the weight limit of 24.9 pounds (at level 60) - which is HUGE in detrimental effects. I'd be more selective in the gear I wear (for example, the 2.5 pound shoes that Tofusin (Man0War) has, and replace them with the inferior, but lighter Black Pantherskin. It's worth it to get under the weight limit, you'd be GAINING armor class by losing armor class.
Some of the monks aren't tanking or even getting hit in a lot of their situations. The clickies, raw hp, and resists are much more beneficial. In a raid pulling situation, if you get hit by the train/flurry drakes/boss you are probably dead anyway whether or not you are over the weight limit.

If you are in an xp group--pulling/tanking, then the weight limit will make a huge difference.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the monks aren't tanking or even getting hit in a lot of their situations. The clickies, raw hp, and resists are much more beneficial. In a raid pulling situation, if you get hit by the train/flurry drakes/boss you are probably dead anyway whether or not you are over the weight limit.

If you are in an xp group--pulling/tanking, then the weight limit will make a huge difference.
That makes sense
Old 03-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

To be honest, I just tried to stick my monk up to be ready to pull on raids. But I honestly have only been soloing in Sol B. I always sort of figured the benefit on this server of being under the weight limit was rather marginal, but I suppose it's worth investing in a few more Tink bags and dumping my coin to figure out how much I can tell soloing changes when I'm under cap.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Banned

i use 4 bags

plan on going down to 3 when i get an abashi

clickquest is nearly nonexistant on red tho, javelins are also a waste of time in 99% of scenarios for me
Old 03-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I could see red players needing far fewer bags.

But not having rechargeable Clickies decreases the depth of the game hugely, especially in Velious before AAs and tons of Clickies, and meaningful discipline revamps occured later on.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

@Nerrp I carry just about the same inventory as chest with a few differences. My goal as a puller is to be prepared for every scenario. Weight really hasn't been an issue for me in a very long time, because I don't go over like 18 with my heaviest stuff on
Old 03-08-2016, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I could see red players needing far fewer bags.

But not having rechargeable Clickies decreases the depth of the game hugely, especially in Velious before AAs and tons of Clickies, and meaningful discipline revamps occured later on.
clickquest is so far away from what i want and remember from classic everquest and is horrible from a gameplay design standpoint

i personally think PvP adds enough depth to the game, but at the end of the day if you're looking for depth, classic everquest emulators aren't where you should be looking
Old 03-31-2016, 04:18 AM
Banned

I use three bags one for gear one for consumables and one for pumice/golem wands I play red if you need more then four bags then you're doing it wrong on a monk
Old 04-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

So will the weight limit at 60 ever be increased to 28 in our timeliness?
Closed Thread