Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-07-2023, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormmac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are RPGs now weird sex games with fetish bait everywhere, who the fuck is asking for this shit? is everyone else a frustrated virgin but me???? i just want to low fantasy without gryphon fisting or homosex orgies
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wasn't there also a recruitable character in BG1 that was a kiddy diddler?
Old 08-07-2023, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormmac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are RPGs now weird sex games with fetish bait everywhere, who the fuck is asking for this shit? is everyone else a frustrated virgin but me???? i just want to low fantasy without gryphon fisting or homosex orgies
jews
Old 08-07-2023, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
It’s about the history of BG and of the studio Larian. In their other acclaimed rpg, Divinity Original Sin 2, I believe you could romance all joinable NPC’s as well. There’s also a brothel where you can hook up with a prostitute, but I believe doing so results in stat loss because she’s secretly a witch or something. When she offers you are supposed to say no. It doesn’t show it though

In BG1 you could romance certain joinable NPC’s if they were compatible to your alignment, and same goes for BG2

In their super woke expansion, Siege of Dragonspear (based all around immigration), you can romance any char. There’s also a half orc fighter-thief (Dorn) with an awesome 2h sword who joins you, who will aggressively hit on you no matter what your char’s gender. A bit awkward fending off his romantic gay advances on me, because he is an awesome char class and stat-wise with a cool unique ability. I used him in all my playthroughs

He’s what opened my eyes to the power of a stealthing backstabbing (with a big 2handed sword = BOOM!) fighter-thief as an archetype
Old 08-07-2023, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
You are under no obligation to play video game
Old 08-07-2023, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Haven't played BG3 yet so I don't know how they handle it, but pretty much every other rpg of that style I have played with romances were pretty easy to opt out of if you weren't interested. In BG2, a follower would have a flirty dialogue there was always an option to end it right then and they would never bring it up again. Don't know why Dorn was constantly hitting on you unless you weren't picking the "absolutely not" response.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You can't have that anymore apparently.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

Old 08-08-2023, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Havnt got fully into BG3 yet - Im still in the goblin fort - the combat is just so shitty it makes it hard for me to play. It seems like one of those games where when it finally clicks ill spend the next 200 hours playing it though. Im into the concept of the game.

Im still hate playing D4 wishing it would get better... Been playing some P99 also actually, have a 31 cleric im leveling
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

I made a familar human face from everquest for a paladin.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only one who clicks random until something half decent appears, edits the hair style and color, then clicks create?

I do that in every character creation no matter the game. Idgaf about the depth of my eyes or the cleft in my chin. I’m just not interested in that stuff. If my character looks decent I’ll fix the hair and I’m gtg!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-08-2023 at 06:36 PM..