Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Default No patch in 5 months. Signs we're nearly at completion status?

With the last patch being on Feb 13th, is Blue 99 nearly finished, or has Rogean and Nilbog left the Codemines to go party in Bora Bora?
Old 07-06-2017, 02:14 AM
Banned

i think there's 1 last major patch.

Then the stated plan is to work on creating a Recycle99 Server. And the community forever hopes for a Discord or Teams PvP server.

I am sure after seeing what happened to community after Velious, the devs feel no rush to deliver the final patch which will certainly lead to more burn out and griping for a new server.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

I think they want to combine most the final bug tweaks alongside the final patch?
Old 07-06-2017, 02:40 AM
Orc

ib4ithink

fuck
Old 07-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Agreed @Skarlorn and @Jimjam. I have a suspicion they're perhaps saving the rest of the tweaks and changes for one big patch.

I'm very excited to see it drop.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think there's 1 last major patch.

Then the stated plan is to work on creating a Recycle99 Server. And the community forever hopes for a Discord or Teams PvP server.

I am sure after seeing what happened to community after Velious, the devs feel no rush to deliver the final patch which will certainly lead to more burn out and griping for a new server.
But...I want a new server!

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 07-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...the devs feel no rush to deliver the final patch...
I hope this is their sentiment.

We have true MMO utopia here on p99, no reason to add patches for another 10 years. By then maybe we all will have explored and enjoyed classic EQ as much as possible.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

A new server would be great to capture the classic feel.

Something people forget is that the EQ release schedule was rapid. EQ launched in March 1999, Kunark in April 2000, Velious in December 2000, And Luclin in December 2001. The full EQ to end-of-Velious timeline was less than two years. Project 1999 was launched in 2009 and has been going on for eight years now, four times as long.

The timeline is important, because P1999 isn't really classic anymore. The original developers never planned for everyone to have the amount of gear they do now. Some casual players have multiple 60s. Fungis are everywhere. Pre-20s rogues are running around with epics, backstabbing for hundreds of damage.

A new server would recapture the old feel, at least for two years.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A new server would be great to capture the classic feel.

Something people forget is that the EQ release schedule was rapid. EQ launched in March 1999, Kunark in April 2000, Velious in December 2000, And Luclin in December 2001. The full EQ to end-of-Velious timeline was less than two years. Project 1999 was launched in 2009 and has been going on for eight years now, four times as long.

The timeline is important, because P1999 isn't really classic anymore. The original developers never planned for everyone to have the amount of gear they do now. Some casual players have multiple 60s. Fungis are everywhere. Pre-20s rogues are running around with epics, backstabbing for hundreds of damage.

A new server would recapture the old feel, at least for two years.
Valid points all but rogues with epics in their 20s. they nerfed ragebringer so you cannot use it till 46 now.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Valid points all but rogues with epics in their 20s. they nerfed ragebringer so you cannot use it till 46 now.
Ah, well that's good. I haven't been that level in a long time, but remember it while I was EXPing crocs on my monk.
Closed Thread