Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 05:02 PM
Banned

Psychologists PHDs always do this shit btw. Most of them don't know near as much about politics, history, philosophy etc. as they fancy they do. They go to study ideology -- and then they use "Democrat" or "Republican" as "ideologies" to look at.

"its looks like there more communities than ideas!"

Old 10-18-2021, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, Cecily...I'm trying to get people to step back from the lowest common denominator mind controls like political parties and the two different MSM teams. What your post effectively does there is use academic psychology to rationalize why its probably fine because we all do it.

But the thing about human inherent biases like this, is it greatly matters how familiar you are with them. For example: people are loss adverse. We get more dissatisfaction out of losing $1000, then we gain in satisfaction from gaining $1000.

Wallstreet traders are close to immune to this effect. They trade (assume risk) a lot more rationally. Being risk neutral is really the only way to beat the game. Otherwise your probably gonna be one of those idiots investing in every peak and selling every dip. Or perhaps keeping all your money in T-bills or cash rather than something which much higher returns and still low risk.

I think you might be underestimating how sticky ideologies are when it comes to IDEA part. We colloquially call democrats and republicans ideologies...but the thing about these two communities -- is there ideology changes all the time.

Democrats have always been about balanced budgets and funding tesla -- wait a minute -- that is nothing like the party before Clinton...Him and his neoliberal movement took over the community called democrats and changed a lot of their ideology to be more in line with theirs.

Rerpublicans used to be a northeastern party that wanted structural improvements, congressional supremacy, and an eventual end to slavery.

I don't think there's a lot of that left as far as republican "ideology" is concerned.

Compare this with the ideas associated with "Libertarian" or "marxist" -- these (that are actual ideologies) have changed far less.
the ideology is Liberal Democracy.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Social conservativism, economic liberalism.

That's the way.

Keep your dicks in your pants (but go ahead and do it under the bleachers we'll safteynet you) you disgusting satan sycophant's. All of you should feel bad (its ok we pay for your therapy so you can hash all these problems out) you have too many problems to be a parent (but it's your right here have some money) you fat peace of shit (dont worry we're going to outlaw preservatives and high fruticose corn syrup because you, really are a victim, and were going to offfer you support for that) you fat uneducated(and we'll provided public education) swine.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:10 PM
Banned

Haha republicans *used to* want an end to slavery? So what now they think it's good? When did they stop wanting that?

Ideologies do change, because the world changes and governments adapt to those changes.

Currently, democrats are using terms like "black white supremacist" unironically, when a black person strays from the democrat plantation. Which party has the slave-owning mentality right now? Please remind me.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

idk but you aint black if you didn't vote for Brandon
Old 10-18-2021, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Social conservativism, economic liberalism.

That's the way.

Keep your dicks in your pants (but go ahead and do it under the bleachers we'll safteynet you) you disgusting satan sycophant's. All of you should feel bad (its ok we pay for your therapy so you can hash all these problems out) you have too many problems to be a parent (but it's your right here have some money) you fat peace of shit (dont worry we're going to outlaw preservatives and high fruticose corn syrup because you, really are a victim, and were going to offfer you support for that) you fat uneducated(and we'll provided public education) swine.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck yea!
Old 10-18-2021, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

My senior year in football we lost to the state champs of that year in game 1 by 12 inches on the final play. We were that close to a touchdown and winning, after being first and goal, and the time ran out after coming up 12 inches short on a QB sweep left. We finished 1-10 that year, barely beating the worst team in our league.
A team sport requires all cylinders to be working in tandem and if they don't, the team loses 9 games of 10. That's the problem with America today. Bipartisanship. Not a team.
And its really not even a bipartisanship, just an illusion. They are really playing for the other team - Wall Street - not We the People at all.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

I point this out a lot because it bothers me but another quick reminder that our government has been spending 120 billion dollars each month in order to ensure the stock market and housing market continues to go up during Covid using Quantitative Easing. This means our government has spent over 2 trillion dollars to make sure the wealthy continue to increase their wealth during Covid.

The wealthiest 10% of Americans now own a record 89% of all U.S. stocks

This has increased the 'wealth gap' between the rich and everybody else which is bad for our country. I could go on about corporate bail outs and corporate buybacks and how the very people in charge of Quantitative Easing used their insider information to make hundreds of millions of dollars off of the 90% of people who own 11% of stocks but it gets kinda boring which is the only reason I can think of that 24 news channels don't ever bring up that we have been bailing out the wealthy without a single discussion yet everyday Biden is meeting with some Congressman/woman about trying to pass his human infrastructure thing.

I find it disingenuous and that bugs me is all.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty sad to know that day the days of "mom and pop' businesses are long gone.
Every business in town is a chain. On Wall Street.
Closed Thread