Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Default Green Recycle - Has it been decided?

Sorry If this was already covered. I couldn't find it.

Has it been decided what will happen to characters and items during the green recycle event?

It is this lack of info that has kept me on blue. I do want to play on green, but not if my characters and items will be completely lost.

Will manastones etc from green be allowed to be transferred to blue? What about characters and their names?
Old 08-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know of anything set in stone myself. But since I play with all toons on a single account (oldschool, lol) I simply made a second account for green chars. It doesn't bother me at all that my blue char names will not be present on green.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:35 PM
Banned

I believe they initially said that when a character on green is rolled into blue, there will be some mechanism for renaming if they are identical. As far as legacy items, I'm not sure. I don't think they've stated anything concretely because it's a complex issue and there are several years still to figure it out and get things right
Old 08-29-2020, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

All items and plat will remain with the character when they merge it with blue
Old 08-30-2020, 02:49 PM
Aviak

You can read the post from the GM explaining that green will be rolled into blue..
Old 08-30-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

they've been clear of intention since day 1, but probly depends on what the general sense is in the next 2 years when the timeline is done.. would imagine we'll all be ready to do it all over again then and will take it
Old 08-30-2020, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Of course they don't just get deleted. Green characters get moved to Blue at the end of the timeline. No one would be playing if they thought their Green characters would just be deleted.

If the staff decide not to merge Green into Blue for whatever reason, they won't wipe the server. They never do.

From the original post:
Quote:
Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).
"Merge into blue" means they move the characters (and yeah, their items) onto the Blue server, allowing you to play the characters you raised on Green forever on Blue; and start a new server on the Green hardware.
Last edited by Videri; 08-30-2020 at 08:48 PM..
Old 08-30-2020, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

My hope is that Green will dump into blue after 6 months of the final patch.
Then Green starts fresh with all the bug fixes and classic improvements found during Green(2019).
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course they don't just get deleted. Green characters get moved to Blue at the end of the timeline. No one would be playing if they thought their Green characters would just be deleted.

If the staff decide not to merge Green into Blue for whatever reason, they won't wipe the server. They never do.

I thought Rogean had a more recent post stating it's tbd if green will merge with blue.
From the original post:

"Merge into blue" means they move the characters (and yeah, their items) onto the Blue server, allowing you to play the characters you raised on Green forever on Blue; and start a new server on the Green hardware.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

From the original post:

It's very misleading to post this post and ignore Rogeans post immediately below it...

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Closed Thread