Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you remember shale driving prices down? It’s just supply and demand

We won’t replace them, the goal is to drive prices down and export as much as we can
Russia oil is already much cheaper than Brent. The added cost of shipping it across the Atlantic is another hurdle on top of competing with that.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Russia oil is already much cheaper than Brent. The added cost of shipping it across the Atlantic is another hurdle on top of competing with that.
You think europe is going to start buying Russian gas again? I’m not sure that will ever be popular

Russian oil and gas aren’t cheap to export where there aren’t pipelines, like India, so again, we’re talking about different things. There’s a global market, and offshore wind would be important for Europe’s energy mix in the scenario I’m talking about
Old 02-13-2023, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think europe is going to start buying Russian gas again? I’m not sure that will ever be popular

Russian oil and gas aren’t cheap to export where there aren’t pipelines, like India, so again, we’re talking about different things. There’s a global market, and offshore wind would be important for Europe’s energy mix in the scenario I’m talking about
They haven't even stopped buying it yet goob.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 'American' identity is so inclusive within politics that it's not an identity.
America is not the only place that has politics

God, you're dense. I have never ever stated my personal opinion on identity politics, you just make all these stupid assumptions to protect yourself.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
America is not the only place that has politics

God, you're dense. I have never ever stated my personal opinion on identity politics, you just make all these stupid assumptions to protect yourself.
I'm talking about American politics.

So yes, American is the only identity.

And you obviously support identity politics.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They haven't even stopped buying it yet goob.
It went from 45% to 15% if we’re talking gas. Heading lower

You know what I mean and you’re being obtuse. They’re phasing it out and Poland probably will roll tanks into Germany if they try to bend the knee. Not everyone loves Russia like you do my man, some of us see Putin as a 5’3” degenerate

In any case, we should go renewable and export our hydrocarbons to exert more leverage over the shit hole countries in OPEC. LNG is plenty economical to do so
Old 02-13-2023, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm talking about American politics.

So yes, American is the only identity.

And you obviously support identity politics.
I wasn't
Old 02-13-2023, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't
Okay, well insert whatever country you're in instead of America, still applies.
Old 02-13-2023, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
It went from 45% to 15% if we’re talking gas. Heading lower

You know what I mean and you’re being obtuse. They’re phasing it out and Poland probably will roll tanks into Germany if they try to bend the knee. Not everyone loves Russia like you do my man, some of us see Putin as a 5’3” degenerate

In any case, we should go renewable and export our hydrocarbons to exert more leverage over the shit hole countries in OPEC. LNG is plenty economical to do so
I'll look later, but we're back to the original argument.

Hydrocarbons that had to take a boat across a whole dang ocean would not be naturally competitive with more local availability. It's a weakening and therefore an ill solution.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

LNG is roughly 15% of the entire natural gas market. If you count only the amount of gas exported for trade globally, it’s closer to 40% (42% in 2021)

It’s already economical to export, and would be even more so if we had alternate supplies of energy at home like nuclear and offshore wind
Closed Thread