Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Not for me.

I posted this in RNF because I believe censorship of opinion is an affront to freedom. I am not sure if this post will be left up but I think it deserves a place, and RNF would be that place.

I enjoyed my experiences on the server. I complimented the staff when it was due, and I criticized it equally when it fell below my expectations. I believe all players here have a right to expect a minimum level of service from this product.

I have moved on for one main reason however, which is the management of the server.

I still browse the forums and post when I feel I have something intelligent to contribute. I don't log in much but when I do I try to have fun. I sometimes catch bits and pieces of the livestreams. Lately, it has seemed like some of the management has criticized the playerbase as being the problem, and I can understand why.

I take this personally however since I am part of this playerbase.

Today I had two main posts running. One was a respectful open letter to the management on how to take criticism. The other was a petition for an item reimbursement (admittedly my fault). Both recieved rather cynical critical responses from CSR.

As you can see by this post and really any of my posts, I don't think the playerbase is completely to blame here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was an open letter to the dev team for red. That includes me.

In another thread he pointed out his overqualification to be a guide. And that he was not contacted.

Who is trolling who?

I could not make it through the mindless dribble of OP.

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tldr - for those with short attention spans.

Make me a guide ....

xOxOxo

ricquire
In response to a petition pending reimbursement verified by Sirken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet...you claim to have all the answers to the red server problems.
My response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricquire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post embodies what I have tried to convey.

"I will give a player less service and/or make comments regarding your stance despite that fact that I am tasked to help solve payers problems."

Hypothetically when you go to a restaurant and complain about the food does that mean the servicemen has the right to disrespect you and criticize you for your comments about said food?

No. The manager should fix the situation and regard you as a customer with all due respect and consideration.

If i emailed one of my clients with comments resembling an insulting or cynical tone I would be fired, and I would expect it.

But here on r99, when I petition for something completely unrelated, you have no fear in posting a cynical critical remark at my (the "customers") expense.

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Old 10-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

We aren't customers. We don't pay for the services we are enjoying. Thus, your argument is fundamentally flawed. They don't owe us anything, and will not miss any of us if that individual thinks they do.

/wave
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Then you have resigned yourself to accepting mediocrity.

See my post on running a non-profit. Even in instances devoid of customer and profit, there is still a measure of acceptable and minimum standard to be upheld by the very virtue of "quality".

Because something is essentially free (although we do view advertisements by browsing the forums which is technically "cost") does not mean we should accept it by any means.

I really don't relish posting critical things like this. I am a remorseful (although not catholic level guiltful) person.

However, I think the masses are better of knowing such things, than them just being swept under the rug.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I think you have the wrong idea about what's going on here.
A better analogy is that you're drunk and you complain about your designated driver's choice in music. He doesn't have to drive your ass around and you're more than welcome to get out.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 10-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricquire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both recieved rather cynical critical responses from CSR.
At least it's not Uthgaard. That self-entitled prick was the worst at this.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I think you have the wrong idea about what's going on here.
A better analogy is that you're drunk and you complain about your designated driver's choice in music. He doesn't have to drive your ass around and you're more than welcome to get out.
I definitely understand and acknowledge this viewpoint.

Would any organization take that stance openly to prospective customers though?

I imagine p99 staff would prefer to say they offer a great product, rather than post a giant EULA message when you log in that read "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T PLAY.". That would probably not adequately convey their mission statement and/or further their goals.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Developer

Sorry I offended you. Maybe you need a thicker skin.

H
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

H
Disappointment and offense are quite different.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

H
Who said you offended anyone? I thought OP was just criticizing a couple of poor responses.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Developer

Quote:
Disappointment and offense are quite different.
Well, sorry I didn't live up to your expectations. So glad I took the job working for your company.

Geesh.

H