Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Aviak

A third former Rathe player checking in, rotation system we had was great!

Sintia - Wood Elf Druid
Biglee - Gnome Warrior
Old 04-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, i am aleeady in line in my own guild, and i get plenty of sleep. So why should i want the line to get longer by agreeing to rotate with guilds that dont even try to compete anyway. Its not an entitlement issue either, no one deserves a free bis item. Doesnt matter if youre on first, fourth, or your 3rd 60 alt, come put the work in.
Since when is showing up work? You say you get sleep, so you're a warm body who simply shows up for dkp at your convenience. How is this different for a guild in a rotation? I ask again, why should you showing up for pixels entitle you to more than anyone else showing up for pixels?
Old 04-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone is severely underestimating the amount of time and effort that is required for maintaining a rotation agreement.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is severely underestimating the amount of time and effort that is required for maintaining a rotation agreement.
On one server with 30 guilds, yes, but it is 2018 and we have these things called computers which do a lot of the heavy lifting. It's one spreadsheet and one calendar to maintain.

The real problem is that a single blue server is completely unclassic. Live wouldn't have rotated 30 guilds on one server, because there weren't 30 raiding guilds for the top end content on any given server at once.

One thing this server does have, that live didn't, however, is a locked at Velious timeline and a shit-ton of nerds who have been playing here for years on end and will continue to play here for years on end. So a 30 guild rotation isn't a ridiculous proposition, because where the hell else will you be playing classic EverQuest 10 years from now anyway? Who cares if it takes you a year to get the one thing you want vs a month? You're going to be here long after that anyway.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares if it takes you a year to get the one thing you want vs a month? You're going to be here long after that anyway.
All of the guilds participating in the rotation who view themselves as the top tier guilds will care.

Once the time sink of competing for spawns (poopsocking) barrier to entry is removed there is basically no need for a guild larger than 30-40 players. Basically every guild that exists now would want to get into the rotation (rightfully so since they all can basically kill everything in the game if there is no competition to actually get the mob) and every top-end casual guild will want the entry process into the rotation to be as restrictive as possible and take as long as possible which would increase the chance that smaller guilds would actually try to circumvent the rotation and just try to snipe mobs against weaker links in the rotations, eventually causing it's dissolution.

On the other hand if the rotation was effortless to join the likelihood of the top end casual guilds no longer wanting to participate in the rotation greatly increases and them leaving guarantees the failure of the agreement.

And the constant battle between these two positions is where all the time and effort is devoted in the form of non-stop rule change propositions and dispute handling--not something solved by a 'spreadsheet or calendar.'
Old 04-30-2018, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the guilds participating in the rotation who view themselves as the top tier guilds will care.

Once the time sink of competing for spawns (poopsocking) barrier to entry is removed there is basically no need for a guild larger than 30-40 players. Basically every guild that exists now would want to get into the rotation (rightfully so since they all can basically kill everything in the game if there is no competition to actually get the mob) and every top-end casual guild will want the entry process into the rotation to be as restrictive as possible and take as long as possible which would increase the chance that smaller guilds would actually try to circumvent the rotation and just try to snipe mobs against weaker links in the rotations, eventually causing it's dissolution.

On the other hand if the rotation was effortless to join the likelihood of the top end casual guilds no longer wanting to participate in the rotation greatly increases and them leaving guarantees the failure of the agreement.

And the constant battle between these two positions is where all the time and effort is devoted in the form of non-stop rule change propositions and dispute handling--not something solved by a 'spreadsheet or calendar.'
I acknowledge that I'm in the vast, vast, vast minority majority on this server who comes here for the nostalgia and not to try to be the best or get the most of something that really doesn't matter, so I see your point. It's just wishful thinking of mine that people really shouldn't care about this shit and share and play nice.
Last edited by Ravager; 04-30-2018 at 07:41 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Damn it almost sounds like you are speaking from experience...
Old 05-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol do you even eq? thats some fairytale shit right there. even casuals have pixel lust.
You don't see them here, because they don't post on these forums, they just play the game, but most people don't get passed level 50 if they ever get there at all. They have their nostalgia, then quit good and proper when they see the ceiling that is the end game and how awful it is. There are not 1200 raiders playing on this server at prime time.

Differentiating between a casual raider and a hard core raider is like differentiating between between a wino and an alcoholic. If you're playing this game more than 15 hours a week, you're not really a casual. True casuals are only playing a few hours a week and there's more than you think, and no they don't have the pixel lust.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I acknowledge that I'm in the vast, vast, vast minority majority on this server who comes here for the nostalgia and not to try to be the best or get the most of something that really doesn't matter, so I see your point. It's just wishful thinking of mine that people really shouldn't care about this shit and share and play nice.
We tried the rotation thing, remember who screwed it up and dissolved it? Your guild. Then they went and instanced raided on a dying server and don't exist anymore. Can't win even when you can raid 4 nights a week uncontested [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's people who'd argue that live EQ is equally nostalgic...I wouldn't agree, but the alternative exists.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We tried the rotation thing, remember who screwed it up and dissolved it? Your guild. Then they went and instanced raided on a dying server and don't exist anymore. Can't win even when you can raid 4 nights a week uncontested [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's people who'd argue that live EQ is equally nostalgic...I wouldn't agree, but the alternative exists.

Get over it. BDA's gone and won't be destroying anymore rotations. FYI, it wasn't my decision to blow it up, but I did understand the frustration of my guildmates of other guilds triple dipping in it.

Now, next time you try to troll me, before you post, don't bother. You never have anything new to say. It'll either be a try red post or a BDA blew up the rotation post. Why they let you get away with creating more accounts after a permaban and troll the same people over and over is beyond me.
Closed Thread