Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-13-2023, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can purchase the full mq basically, or at least the big ticket items.

Prob run ya about 250k? If you found a seller could pay them for an assist w/ Hole part too.
The three main ones are VS stone which is 20k, SEoC which is roughly 150k, and I think a swirling stone for the hammer runs 5k? So I'd guess 175k-200k tops.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

The Earthcaller is nice but at 60 will just end up in the bag for weird low-man crew stuff. It’s kind of like a 150k tash stick.

Not to say it’s not fun but the ranger is basically a walking shop of curiosities and sunken cost justification. The bard epic is pretty great across the board.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The three main ones are VS stone which is 20k, SEoC which is roughly 150k, and I think a swirling stone for the hammer runs 5k? So I'd guess 175k-200k tops.
Seoc is 200k+ easy , or free in kittens
Old 04-14-2023, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seoc is 200k+ easy , or free in kittens
Patience my fellow degenerate, when the time comes and my Druid reaches around 49 or so, when I know I'm committed to grinding it out, then I will journey for my cat ears and my whiskers. I want to be useful to my guild first though, and 49 is the point when a Druid can port pretty much everywhere.

And Druid epic is a cheap one to complete later, 35k-40k tops (20k VS stone, 10k Pod of Seawater, 5k Swirling Color Sphere, 4k Jade Reaver?). Whether it's a game changer for Druids, I don't know. I doubt it's BiS for them.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 04-14-2023 at 12:36 AM..
Old 04-14-2023, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

We don’t get SEoC’s all the time. Hate farm crews are up there a lot.

Sphere of Color is for the ranger epic. There are a handful of fairly rough “corrupted” mobs that summon you will need help with. Kedge seahorse, OOT Seafury, and Lfay brownie. All can be done solo by a torp sham but the kedge is easier with a partner.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sphere of Color is for the ranger epic. There are a handful of fairly rough “corrupted” mobs that summon you will need help with. Kedge seahorse, OOT Seafury, and Lfay brownie. All can be done solo by a torp sham but the kedge is easier with a partner.
Lfay brownie soloable by ranger, done it several times usually track as I ran through. Sometimes it's just up
Old 04-14-2023, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

i would just casually farm obscure items needed to craft cultural or exotic high end items and sell them in bulk to some whale with 6 mana stones whos trying to max fashionquest
Old 04-14-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Earthcaller is nice but at 60 will just end up in the bag for weird low-man crew stuff. It’s kind of like a 150k tash stick.

Not to say it’s not fun but the ranger is basically a walking shop of curiosities and sunken cost justification. The bard epic is pretty great across the board.
I waited a long time for the Earthcaller & I like to solo a lot so I think it is worth it if you intend to solo. Earthcaller plus Swiftwind or even a better ToV OH weapon is going to do far superior dps than a swarmcaller which I found to be terrible. And sometimes with rng you don't know if you will get a proc so I like the idea of maximizing my dps while waiting for a slow to proc. It's not a necessity but if you have the means to obtain a SEOC I would not advise against it if you have any desire to solo or do low man stuff where a slow isn't always available.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I waited a long time for the Earthcaller & I like to solo a lot so I think it is worth it if you intend to solo. Earthcaller plus Swiftwind or even a better ToV OH weapon is going to do far superior dps than a swarmcaller which I found to be terrible. And sometimes with rng you don't know if you will get a proc so I like the idea of maximizing my dps while waiting for a slow to proc. It's not a necessity but if you have the means to obtain a SEOC I would not advise against it if you have any desire to solo or do low man stuff where a slow isn't always available.
Issue with it, unless ya doing something harder where ya need slow like juggs, with no shm or ench, your better off dpsing with sboz or better, which is like 25% of the cost of seoc. I rarely use my earthcaller.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I read on their page that Kittens did Sky/Fear/Hate and entry-level raids on the regular, it's the upper stuff like ToV they don't do often.

Even so, 200k+ for a hate emerald seems pricy, especially since no other Epic needs it. I don't remember Blue having a whole lot of Ranger alts to compete for them either, they got a bad rap since the Kunark days and people tended to avoid them.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 04-14-2023 at 01:08 PM..