Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-13-2023, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone just repeated what i already said, oof.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrain
Old 04-13-2023, 06:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alas, I have a job and bills to pay. I must brave the terrible sunlight to keep my internet plugged in.

Much as I may love this game, if something takes months or even years to acquire in any game, no matter how much I adore it, I don't have the free time or patience to commit to it. That's just how it is with me.

If I have the money/resources or the ability to do parts of the Epic myself, I still need to be able to complete it within a month at most, or I'll just get burned out and lose interest at some point. I'm sure my ADHD is partly to blame for that, but alas, I am what I am. And there's a huge backload of Bards and Warriors brawling with one another to complete theirs. Too many alts, not enough scales.
Lol I’m kindof the same way. I have a bunch of epics, but some of them I barely even tried for. I literally got my warriors epic with almost zero actual effort. Just picked up an epic drop here and there over the years, and then one day was like “dang, I just finished my warrior epic”

I never expected to actually get it, so I never really focused on it, then one day it just happened.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

GMs on blue: Heres some fun staff event quest and epics and epic quest pieces are part of the reward

Players on blue: epics are too expensive, unobtainable, and my immersion is shittier than my adult depends
Old 04-13-2023, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs on blue: Heres some fun staff event quest and epics and epic quest pieces are part of the reward

Players on blue: epics are too expensive, unobtainable, and my immersion is shittier than my adult depends
Feels bad man.

(but yeah I'd argue white scales for 2mil or more is too expensive...)
Old 04-13-2023, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

I would venture a guess that nearly all white/green scales that drop are still being turned into alt epics. You're going to have to position yourself accordingly to loot scales by earning enough DKP in a raiding guild that regularly hits Gore/Vox unfortunately, I don't see the "price" ever coming down below 1 mill
Old 04-13-2023, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Old 04-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would venture a guess that nearly all white/green scales that drop are still being turned into alt epics. You're going to have to position yourself accordingly to loot scales by earning enough DKP in a raiding guild that regularly hits Gore/Vox unfortunately, I don't see the "price" ever coming down below 1 mill
Do the scales ever even get sold to players on the market though? Even at 1-2mil each, are people that have them even willing to sell them most of the time?
Old 04-13-2023, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

I would say they basically never sell them. First of all, most guilds will punish heavily if you turn an item like that into cash, so you would basically be signing your own warrant for removal. Second, most people who bid DKP on them want to turn them into bard epics. Give up hope, it's not going to happen unless you commit to raiding.
Old 04-13-2023, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say they basically never sell them. First of all, most guilds will punish heavily if you turn an item like that into cash, so you would basically be signing your own warrant for removal. Second, most people who bid DKP on them want to turn them into bard epics. Give up hope, it's not going to happen unless you commit to raiding.
I mentioned to KWSM I'd inquire about trying out for their guild once my Druid is at the appropriate level. They raid on Sundays, which would work for me.

The one I really want to complete at some point is Ranger epic, Earthcaller specifically (for the slow). I feel like that one is somewhat realistic to complete.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 04-13-2023 at 01:48 PM..
Old 04-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mentioned to KWSM I'd inquire about trying out for their guild once my Druid is at the appropriate level. They raid on Sundays, which would work for me.

The one I really want to complete at some point is Ranger epic, Earthcaller specifically (for the slow). I feel like that one is somewhat realistic to complete.
You can purchase the full mq basically, or at least the big ticket items.

Prob run ya about 250k? If you found a seller could pay them for an assist w/ Hole part too.