Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-27-2023, 11:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

this game owns
Old 12-01-2023, 03:36 PM
Kobold

I can't believe I'm actually starting to feel excited about this game. I didn't think that was still possible for me.

I watched those videos. Glad to see swimming in and the water looks good. The bioluminescence in that cave was really nice. I think I'll probably try to get in on the next test.

I do have a question; what is "hardcore" mode that you can put your character in? Is that just PvP enabled or is it some kind of permadeath option for a character? If it is a permadeath mode I'd like to know more about it.
Old 12-02-2023, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Where are we at with development on M&M?
Old 12-02-2023, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe I'm actually starting to feel excited about this game. I didn't think that was still possible for me.

I watched those videos. Glad to see swimming in and the water looks good. The bioluminescence in that cave was really nice. I think I'll probably try to get in on the next test.

I do have a question; what is "hardcore" mode that you can put your character in? Is that just PvP enabled or is it some kind of permadeath option for a character? If it is a permadeath mode I'd like to know more about it.
I'm glad there is something there you can get excited about!

Hardcore mode is a mode you can turn on per character by talking to an NPC. When a hardcore character dies that character is gone. It's not PvP, just one life. We also have Solo Only and Self Found modes. You can activate all modes or just one mode. It's just an optional extra for those that want it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where are we at with development on M&M?
We are in the building proof of concept phase currently.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

When is the december stress/test session? Hopefully not middle of the day on a weekend. Bad time for Dad.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is the december stress/test session? Hopefully not middle of the day on a weekend. Bad time for Dad.
next weekend, starts sat 1pm est, ends sunday 11pm est
Old 12-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad there is something there you can get excited about!

Hardcore mode is a mode you can turn on per character by talking to an NPC. When a hardcore character dies that character is gone. It's not PvP, just one life. We also have Solo Only and Self Found modes. You can activate all modes or just one mode. It's just an optional extra for those that want it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We are in the building proof of concept phase currently.
Ok, thanks. I probably should have already known that but I'm really out of touch with this stuff. It's been ages since I played a MMO but I think I'm ready to release my inner nerd once more.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
next weekend, starts sat 1pm est, ends sunday 11pm est
Yup! Just made a little youtube short with the dates/times too. Feel free the share. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also in case anyone cares I'll post the full track from that, it's the latest zone music by our sound guy.

Old 12-07-2023, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Can anyone who's actually participated in these stress test respond. Is this game enjoyable in the stress tests?
Old 12-08-2023, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Can anyone who's actually participated in these stress test respond. Is this game enjoyable in the stress tests?

a lot more youtube videos out there on the ticker from their discord:

https://discord.com/channels/8478468...26749921837118