Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 10-27-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you on blue or green? If on blue could you show me what you are talking about? I have diff weps to try and can run gam parse. I wanna see how to do it please /nod
You think you do, but you don't.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious was beat in kunark gear without weapon swapping.
So what if zerg can beat content. That has nothing to do with maximizing your character in other situations where the difference matters more.

Players who are trying to level or farm or beat certain content with the smallest amount of people possible will see big gains by playing better.

What you call "autism" is standard level of top play in competitive games. It's hilarious how you even said that about Monk offhand fist technique in this thread. Wow, clicking your Two-hander off and on sure is a difficult task, when otherwise you would be sitting there doing nothing else at all, just staring at the NPC and autoattacking. LOL.

Trying to full weapon swap every round with max haste is surely annoying, but at least occasionally it will feel rewarding, if you know it's needed to beat a certain NPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If on blue could you show me what you are talking about? I have diff weps to try and can run gam parse. I wanna see how to do it please /nod
I don't have a dual wield character on Blue. I also don't have EQ installed at all right now.

Just try without too high of a haste mod to start. You could also not use auto-attack to start with. Create a hotkeys for manual attack with your primary weapon and offhand weapon, and have a bag opened and positioned next to your equippable weapon slots on screen, so you can switch between your Two-hander and offhand weapon with minimal mouse movement. Press the hotkey for manual attack with the primary weapon, swap in the offhand and press that attack hotkey, then swap in the primary weapon and hit that attack hotkey until it happens (at which point then you swap again and keep repeating the cycle).

You'll have to find what feels optimal for you. When max hasted, swapping every other round is probably going to be most viable. What two-handers does your character have right now?
Old 10-27-2022, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are you on blue or green? If on blue could you show me what you are talking about? I have diff weps to try and can run gam parse. I wanna see how to do it please /nod
He’s on red, no one cares about him or red. If you joined the pop would be 10 instead of 9.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what if zerg can beat content. That has nothing to do with maximizing your character in other situations where the difference matters more.

Players who are trying to level or farm or beat certain content with the smallest amount of people possible will see big gains by playing better.

What you call "autism" is standard level of top play in competitive games. It's hilarious how you even said that about Monk offhand fist technique in this thread. Wow, clicking your Two-hander off and on sure is a difficult task, when otherwise you would be sitting there doing nothing else at all, just staring at the NPC and autoattacking. LOL.

Trying to full weapon swap every round with max haste is surely annoying, but at least occasionally it will feel rewarding, if you know it's needed to beat a certain NPC.

I don't have a dual wield character on Blue. I also don't have EQ installed at all right now.

Just try without too high of a haste mod to start. You could also not use auto-attack to start with. Create a hotkeys for manual attack with your primary weapon and offhand weapon, and have a bag opened and positioned next to your equippable weapon slots on screen, so you can switch between your Two-hander and offhand weapon with minimal mouse movement. Press the hotkey for manual attack with the primary weapon, swap in the offhand and press that attack hotkey, then swap in the primary weapon and hit that attack hotkey until it happens (at which point then you swap again and keep repeating the cycle).

You'll have to find what feels optimal for you. When max hasted, swapping every other round is probably going to be most viable. What two-handers does your character have right now?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Twisted..._Bastard_Sword

https://wiki.project1999.com/Gaudral...ord_of_the_Sky
Old 10-28-2022, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No gozz shovel? Oof, don't look for alli If ya hungry
Old 10-28-2022, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No gozz shovel? Oof, don't look for alli If ya hungry
Lol
Old 10-28-2022, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Twisted Steel Bastard Sword is fantastic for DPS, just get yourself a Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn for the offhand now!

That other weapon may have too low of a delay to be able to swap effectively when full hasted, let us know your findings there.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twisted Steel Bastard Sword is fantastic for DPS, just get yourself a Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn for the offhand now!

That other weapon may have too low of a delay to be able to swap effectively when full hasted, let us know your findings there.
Ok I'll try and snag one next wuoshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2022, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Don’t forget to get a Stave of Shielding so you can swap to it inbetween rounds of the Imbued Fighters Staff.

Monks can easymode Two-hand dual wield with offhand fist, but I know you are a very overactive young man Knuckle. The stave of shielding will maximize your DPS and surround you with pretty particles and extra AC.
I’m going for a more chill leveling style of pressing auto attack and my x y z monk ability for ocd skill maxing and that’s it. I do agree I will want to do this for higher level solo challenge content and acknowledge I’d level faster this way, but I also leveled my Druid to 58 by mostly root/nuke, afk.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Guys don't fall for Zuranthium's trolls or he will fill your inbox with shit about professional ice skating. He's not well.