Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2022, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure there are plenty of good ones, but the bad ones are atrocious.
"They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us.
They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Old 01-03-2022, 09:30 AM
Banned

freeze dried leathery chewy mango chunks. P gud when semi re-hydrated not all the way tho.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:13 AM
Banned

Oh I get dried mango slices all the time. They are perfect when they still have like 10% moisture and they're like a piece of sweet mango jerky. Delicious stuff.

The kind that are coated in sugar ("candied") are no bueno though. Way too sweet.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Got my PCR test cherry popped. And I even passed!

Was a bit worried, after scuba diving for a week and going straight into the shit air quality of Cairo I’ve been feeling a little shitty the last couple days. Sinuses have been all sorts of unhappy. Not sure what we woulda done if we popped positive. Quarantining in Egypt doesn’t sound like a fun time.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm. I’d like to think I travel a lot, and Chinese tourists are definitely the worst overall. Sure there are plenty of good ones, but the bad ones are atrocious. I spent 5 years living in Japan and the contrast of civilized Japanese society and oblivious Chinese tourist was staggering. No respect for anything. They jump over barriers, throw trash and spit on the ground in temples, and have zero awareness of other people. I spent a winter working at a ski rental shop in Myoko and every time a big Chinese family came in it was like “aww here it goes”. Once I was enjoying a natural hot spring onsen after a day of skiing, and this kid comes in, stands next to the bath, and just starts peeing right into it. I yelled at him, and then got into this whole kurfuffel with his dad about what a shit head he was. All while naked lol.

In the Netherlands it’s always the big ass bus full of Chinese tourists that trample all the tulips fields. It’s gotten so bad that farmers now block of their fields for entry cuz they’re tired of it.

Even now I’m finishing up a few weeks here in Egypt and it’s been more of the same. I wait patiently for my turn to photograph something, in an obvious unofficial queue for the photo spot, and here comes Mr China with his fuckin iPad on a stick who blasts in front of everyone and proceeds to take 20 terribly framed photos. And then sits there inspecting all of his photos instead of getting the fuck out of the way for everyone else. I’ve learned that if you just “hey move” that they will, but one of my big pet peeves is lack of situational awareness, and they got that in spades.

I sympathize a bit, because a lot of these families are first generation travelers who come from poor backgrounds, so they just don’t get it. And if the times I’ve had to transfer through Chinese airports is any indication for the rest of the country, the whole place is a giant shit show. But my sympathy only goes so far.

I’ve often said to myself “man I ain’t racist, but these Chinese sure want me to be”
You paint a lovely picture of what the "not apocalypse" is like out there.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can confirm. I’d like to think I travel a lot, and Chinese tourists are definitely the worst overall. Sure there are plenty of good ones, but the bad ones are atrocious. I spent 5 years living in Japan and the contrast of civilized Japanese society and oblivious Chinese tourist was staggering. No respect for anything. They jump over barriers, throw trash and spit on the ground in temples, and have zero awareness of other people. I spent a winter working at a ski rental shop in Myoko and every time a big Chinese family came in it was like “aww here it goes”. Once I was enjoying a natural hot spring onsen after a day of skiing, and this kid comes in, stands next to the bath, and just starts peeing right into it. I yelled at him, and then got into this whole kurfuffel with his dad about what a shit head he was. All while naked lol.

In the Netherlands it’s always the big ass bus full of Chinese tourists that trample all the tulips fields. It’s gotten so bad that farmers now block of their fields for entry cuz they’re tired of it.

Even now I’m finishing up a few weeks here in Egypt and it’s been more of the same. I wait patiently for my turn to photograph something, in an obvious unofficial queue for the photo spot, and here comes Mr China with his fuckin iPad on a stick who blasts in front of everyone and proceeds to take 20 terribly framed photos. And then sits there inspecting all of his photos instead of getting the fuck out of the way for everyone else. I’ve learned that if you just “hey move” that they will, but one of my big pet peeves is lack of situational awareness, and they got that in spades.

I sympathize a bit, because a lot of these families are first generation travelers who come from poor backgrounds, so they just don’t get it. And if the times I’ve had to transfer through Chinese airports is any indication for the rest of the country, the whole place is a giant shit show. But my sympathy only goes so far.

I’ve often said to myself “man I ain’t racist, but these Chinese sure want me to be”
Taiwanese tourists are actually very welcomed in Japan. But often times we are confused by those coming from China. Out of all the countries in the world, we have donated the most money to them after the tsunami disaster. Our countries are very close. Actually speaking from experience, I have been to Japan about 5 times with my family and it's awesome over there.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You paint a lovely picture of what the "not apocalypse" is like out there.
The 5 horsemen. War, Famine, Plague, Death, and Zhang Wei with his iPad on a stick!
Old 01-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

From your story it sounded like zhang made up the middle two alone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2022, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Haha true true
Old 01-04-2022, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Made it back home. And finished book 2 of the Stormlight Archives on the flight back - The Voidbringers have returned!