Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I mean, would we be happy in the little house on the prary fighting to stay alive? Of course we were then, and we would be if we were stuck having to go back to it.

But we've been convinced that we would be more happy locking ourselves in doors and spending money we dont have on debt we never even saw before it accumulated and dying of depression and anxiety is somehow better.

Somehow we think watching Twitch after a 10 hour work day is somehow more fun than churning butter in the sun with your family.

I think it will take a new frontier like mars for us to see the light though, because you cant convince someone who loves MTV that MTV is stupid.
I'm not convinced that is better. I would like a frontier style life. Just don't know how
Old 03-12-2021, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

I am hoping I can be that old guy you see in westerns driving a wagon to his eventual death somewhere in the wilds.

But on mars.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's crazy to think that kids that are like under 12, I firmly believe, will be eligible to "go to mars" to colonize it for free before they are dead.

If I can go stick a flag in the dirt at 90 Ill be damned if I dont!
Last edited by Jibartik; 03-12-2021 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's crazy to think that kids that are like under 12, I firmly believe, will be eligible to "go to mars" to colonize it for free before they are dead.
youre right, it is crazy you think that.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm actually concerned about gases like oxygen and hydrogen (Can't remember them.) being used to get to space. Its probably because the fat cats of space have a monopoly in the fuel industry.

But seriously, I think we should use helium 3 and use the fuel of methane from titan, as well as a dyson rings, before we blow resources to colonizing mars that will only last maybe less than a thousand years.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

No one is going to mars u fuck wit. Nothing goes to mars. Jeez bud look into it a bit would u
Old 03-12-2021, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

Oh. I have brain damage and I can't read everything from a fake existence. Just read the last post and assumed the conversation.

As I have to measure the scale of levels of popularity scales, on this fake forum, but eh... stuck with say how I honestly feel anyway.

Lose lose situation, take the insult and look normal or be honest to another planet.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Tldr if you're poor and haven't traveled extensively you have no idea what the world is like outside the wonderful umbrella the us provides
Old 03-12-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tldr if you're poor and haven't traveled extensively you have no idea what the world is like outside the wonderful umbrella the us provides
the umbrella is made of human bone and skin. it's way metal.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

also, unfortunately, no one told capital it can't skin americans for umbrella parts.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Based on what I seen change in my life time, I bet if I was born today that I'd be going to mars with as little as a bachelors degree.

When I was 12 the VHS was the hottest new invention. Compared to what we're looking at today, if you took what is the hottest new invention and applied the same growth (same growth that led into the 80s mind you from the 60s and on and on) to today, enlisting in space employment will be as easy as being a tech engineer today.
Closed Thread