Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Large Bat

Default Need Help, simple question

After a few months long hiatus from playing I have found myself with the time to play again, but I am having issues. Following some great instructions on the forums I got Project 1999 up and running on my mac and was playing for a few months, everything was great. I want to hop back on the wagon but at the character selection screen there is a message saying my spells files are outdated. I have downloaded the latest patch from the getting started post and extracted them to my EverQuest Titanium directory, but nothing has changed when I try to select my character.

I feel like what I am doing wrong is a small mistake such as putting the patch in the wrong place, (when I extracted the files there were no prompts for replacing existing files) or just something that I don't remember and overlooked from when I first installed it which was about a year ago. Thanks for any help that I may get, it's greatly appreciated!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

The last zip which was P99Files30? And yes, if you weren't asked to override or replace you extracted them to the wrong directory.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 12-09-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Large Bat

It is the last zip, "P99Files30", but I wasn't asked to replace any files. It goes Applications/EverQuest Titanium, and there are five folders for each CD, each folder with a file "EQ_Titanium_CD1.iso" and so on. I put the patch file in the "EQ Titanium" folder.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

You should have a single Everquest folder. Usually when people do a disc install it goes to your Program files (x86 if you use 64 bit Windows)\Sony. Iso files are disk image files you have to mount first and then install, using daemon tools lite or such. Have you installed using those .iso files? If not, I can try and give you a step by step walkthrough
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Large Bat

Im on a mac so it complicates everything and getting it on was a long process which I dont want to go through again by deleting and reinstalling. I've had it running before and it starts up now. I seem to remember now there was a step for adding an older patch in the guide for installing it, so my best bet will be to find that guide I used and it might tell me from there.

Edit: I got it working! thanks for helping to jog my memory
Last edited by MrBlu; 12-09-2013 at 10:36 PM..