Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-23-2023, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default Mushrooms!

I've recently moved to the Seattle area. My understanding is that it's the start of psychoactive mushroom season in the PNW. I've gone on a few rainy walks in the forest over the past few days and only come up with some bullshit I can't identify, but isn't bruising blue/black. Going to try some more urban areas next.

I know some of you folk are from the PNW-- any advice on where to look? Favorite habitats? Great mushroom experiences?

-

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2023, 11:23 PM
Banned

Almost every experience has been great, first was the best, already posted it here b4

I’ll buy some from ya if you get any + extra finder’s fee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I used to get them from a co-worker, who didn’t have a THC medical card and since I got sick of him asking me to get him weed, he found a weed dealer who also sold him shrooms. So my last few batches were from co-worker’s connection. Pretty good, not as good as my first

But then I asked him if he could get some more (I mostly did them on scenic outdoor trips, like camping), and he’s like “no, sorry, my connection is dead”. I was like “oh”

Edit: jk on buyin them
Old 09-24-2023, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Yea I've only had access to truly terrible dried shit from my wife's coworker's daughter back in carolina so I'm not accepting failure on this-- I will be finding mushrooms. Truly amazing experience every time, but better when I can actually get enough psilocybin to not basically be microdosing.

I'll report back if I actually do find some. It seems like once you find a spot that has them, you find a lot. At least that's how it was when I used to go in the SF bay area.
Old 09-24-2023, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

gl with that. mushrooms can be a great experience if done with the right people in the right setting with the right mindset. Anytime i've had a bad experience one of those 3 things wasnt right.
i've lived in lots of areas around WA state and my hippie aunt used to go mushroom picking. She'd usually make some kind of tea out of it tho...

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-24-2023, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gl with that. mushrooms can be a great experience if done with the right people in the right setting with the right mindset. Anytime i've had a bad experience one of those 3 things wasnt right.
i've lived in lots of areas around WA state and my hippie aunt used to go mushroom picking. She'd usually make some kind of tea out of it tho...
Yea, which is why I was surprised to hear Lune say his felt like microdosing

Because the batches I would get, would be potent to the point where beyond a particular amount (I never paid much attention to weight, I would just count out how many bulbs and stems I’d do at once), could shift a good time, to a bad time

For example, I posted this before, but I had another co-worker (long since fired tho) who was a binge user of whatever he happened to use. So if it was alcohol, it was black out. When I smoked with him, he would pack multiple bowls and cash them all himself. He just could not take a reasonable amount of anything, it was always balls to the walls

So when he tried mushrooms for the first time he ate like half the bag, probably 4-5x the serving we were recommending. He then paced around his backyard in a complete panic for 4 straight hours, saying he felt anxious to where he was going to jump out of his own skin and begging when the hell was this going to stop

Shrooms are about as tame as it gets when it comes to risk and side effects, but a bad trip gonna take a few hours to get through [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2023, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

there was this one time when i did mushrooms in like 2006 and ate 1/8th dried and then accidentally fell asleep while waiting for them to kick in. when i came to, i heard the loudest buzzing sound ever! i couldnt even hear myself think or my wife or friend of mine talk. i remember i was so disoriented and i didnt know wtf was happening. I knew who they were, knew i was in my house, but didnt know who I was or why i felt so strange. I kept asking them "what did I do?" and "how did I get here?" I recall a moment in the night where I took my wallet out and found my ID and read my name was was just saying it over and over again wondering who tf that was bc it sounded so familiar like i should know and was on the cusp of remembering and yet couldnt quite recall.

quite the trip, literally.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-24-2023, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, which is why I was surprised to hear Lune say his felt like microdosing

Because the batches I would get, would be potent to the point where beyond a particular amount (I never paid much attention to weight, I would just count out how many bulbs and stems I’d do at once), could shift a good time, to a bad time

For example, I posted this before, but I had another co-worker (long since fired tho) who was a binge user of whatever he happened to use. So if it was alcohol, it was black out. When I smoked with him, he would pack multiple bowls and cash them all himself. He just could not take a reasonable amount of anything, it was always balls to the walls

So when he tried mushrooms for the first time he ate like half the bag, probably 4-5x the serving we were recommending. He then paced around his backyard in a complete panic for 4 straight hours, saying he felt anxious to where he was going to jump out of his own skin and begging when the hell was this going to stop

Shrooms are about as tame as it gets when it comes to risk and side effects, but a bad trip gonna take a few hours to get through [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they were just bad shrooms, I don't know if they were unhealthy/struggling from bad growing technique, or too old, or what. But they were just satisfactory enough to keep me from growing a jar of fungus in my closet. Historically I have universally been a happy tripper. Tried salvia divinorum in college, which many find harsh. It has been described as "Thought I was a blade of grass and there was a lawnmower coming for me" and "I melted into my chair and was so thirsty but I was a puddle with no muscle control". I was lucky enough that I started laughing hysterically, slumped over, and my consciousness astral projected away into an abstract, fantasyland reflection of the room I was in for like 5 minutes. There was another where I looked up at the ceiling and ascended through a tunnel where the walls were covered with angelic creatures going about their lives.

Shrooms only got wilder and more euphoric from there, at least when I had access to azurescens from around Astoria, OR. They are kind of self limiting. You quickly build a tolerance and/or experiences too close together lose meaning and flavor. No more than once every few months for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there was this one time when i did mushrooms in like 2006 and ate 1/8th dried and then accidentally fell asleep while waiting for them to kick in. when i came to, i heard the loudest buzzing sound ever! i couldnt even hear myself think or my wife or friend of mine talk. i remember i was so disoriented and i didnt know wtf was happening. I knew who they were, knew i was in my house, but didnt know who I was or why i felt so strange. I kept asking them "what did I do?" and "how did I get here?" I recall a moment in the night where I took my wallet out and found my ID and read my name was was just saying it over and over again wondering who tf that was bc it sounded so familiar like i should know and was on the cusp of remembering and yet couldnt quite recall.

quite the trip, literally.
lol. Luckily the 'dark' or more broody themed ones I've had were still usually peaceful or felt beautiful. It's the nausea that has been difficult to consistently and effectively manage, because it can be a chore.
Last edited by Lune; 09-24-2023 at 04:48 AM..
Old 09-24-2023, 03:43 PM
Banned

Why do you really want to consume mushrooms?

I recommend consuming the Bible instead. Or at least the Tipitaka. If you hate Christ too much to make room in your heart for him.
Old 09-24-2023, 03:48 PM
Banned

By the way that buzzing sound you heard was you dying.

Now you're stuck in this universe with me.
Old 09-24-2023, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you really want to consume mushrooms?

I recommend consuming the Bible instead. Or at least the Tipitaka. If you hate Christ too much to make room in your heart for him.
Because our life and consciousness are miracles, and mushrooms/other psychoactive substances produce incredible, and sometimes profound experiences in which we can explore aspects of reality and or consciousness we might otherwise never have been able to. It would be such a shame to take the gift of consciousness and never once explore its different flavors. They are fantastic memories and experiences, all of them.

I don't hate Christ. Christ and mushrooms have nothing to do with each other.