Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-09-2023, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Default Stat 200+ diminishing returns?

Been having trouble finding info on this. Possibly someone with new UI can test?

I am wondering how much diminishing returns is with mana from int and wisdom?
I have seen lvl 50 it is 1 int =~ 10 mana or more.
But past 200, how low does it drop?
Old 03-10-2023, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Well since mana is not a static return it depends on how much your adding at a time. I think on average you're looking at 4-5.5 mana per int 200-255. Copy pasted from my Mage guide:

Let's take a look at how intelligence and stamina provide mana and hit points. Mana for some reason does not have a set calculation like stamina to hit points does. It varies based on whether you are under 200 int or over it, and how much int you are adding at the time. I verified this because this table looked confusing to me. I reduced my intelligence to below 200, then removed 5 int worth of gear and lost 54 mana, or 10.8 mana per int. I removed 3 int and lost 32 mana or 10.66 mana per int, then I removed 8 int and lost 90 mana or 11.25 mana per int. I repeated the process once over 200 int and added 5 int and gained 22 mana or 4.4 mana per int, then I added 20 int and gained 113 mana or 5.65 mana per int. What does this mean? For whatever reason it is variable and the more int you add or subtract, the more mana per int you will gain or lose. The table below seems to be roughly accurate, and like someone described there are rounding issues so the numbers aren't always exact.

You obviously want to gain intelligence if you can, and have at least 200 int if possible, because post 200 the gains drop off about 50%. Having a larger pool is useful most of the time, but while leveling it really isn't that necessary. Intelligence is one of those stats you will naturally gain as you progress through gear since most int caster gear is loaded with it. I wouldn't go after it, unless you're close to that 200 mark and want to pop over. What's more important is +mana items especially at lower levels. This table is showing mana only at level 60. At level 10 or 20 you will receive very little mana per int, making +mana preferable until 40+ generally. And even then, + mana or + hp gear is still better a lot of the time. A fresh Green server character might want that extra 25 int at creation because of the lack of good int gear in early classic. That 25 int at level 50 is a lot, and helpful, but as time goes on and the farther you progress that 25 int becomes progressively less attractive as mudflation creeps the stats up on gear.

Below or at 200 WIS/INT

Mana gained = ((80 * LEVEL) / 425) * WIS/INT

Above 200 WIS/INT

Mana gained = ((40 * LEVEL) / 425) * WIS/INT

NOTE: This calculation will often be a few points of mana off. This is because the decimal seems to fluctuate based on how much WIS/INT is added, probably due to a rounding issue of some kind. For example:

1. Adding 100 WIS/INT gives you roughly 11.27 mana per point of WIS/INT at level 60 under 200 WIS/INT.

2. Adding 10 WIS/INT gives you roughly 11.3 mana per point of WIS/INT at level 60 under 200 WIS/INT.

3. Adding 5 WIS/INT gives you roughly 11.6 mana per point of WIS/INT at level 60 under 200 WIS/INT.

4. Adding 2 WIS/INT gives you roughly 11.0 mana per point of WIS/INT at level 60 under 200 WIS/INT.

5. Adding 7 WIS/INT gives you roughly 11.5 mana per point of WIS/INT at level 60 under 200 WIS/INT.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-11-2023, 01:17 AM
Sarnak

This is great info. So one can say roughly 50% return. That's not as bad as I thought at least. Can anyone else confirm just to be sure?