Its a good idea with some changes? 2 6.25%
You would still play but you'd play any Pvp at this point? 4 12.50%
Better ideas exist. 25 78.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real problem with 3 teams, is that darks dont get bards / druids (omg fuk no resists), evils dont get necros, and nobody played neuts so it didnt matter.
You don't HAVE to limit race/class combos. Infact it's quite possible to just make a player choose a team after character-creation, without limitations. And no I'm not talking about ogre clerics here....

Release all Race/Class Diety-combos and the problems will solve itself, and if you people whine about the RP-aspect; Would you really call FFA a better solution?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you expect that two teams will cause a much more balanced environment I don't follow your logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if one team is starting to run away in power (Which is very likely to happen) it gives the other two teams an opportunity to double-team them.
You debunked your own post.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that with two teams, the balance of power between them is likely to be more similar than with three.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

see, i can live with a bad post that can explain itself.
and i agree your right, teams would only have a few dozen ppl prolly and be
spread too thin. a buddy and i thought the teams were balanced but thanks.

still really hype about whatever they decide to do.

people who mass down rate every post i have to piss me off i dont care.

its kinda hard to get pissed when i get laid.
and assuming you have time to cause drama (mind you a game is supposed to take your mind away from that. you prolly haven't been in years.

you better hope for a pvp server, because raping your fellow man-nerd ass if about as close as your going to get. so i guess i can grant an exemption to your unexplained bitterness?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

what year is the pvp server launching again? i forgot. like 2016-17? gives us plenty of time to get our eq3 and eq4 fixes
Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notahipster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people who mass down rate every post i have to piss me off i dont care.
One thing you will learn quickly is that PVP continues on the forums as well. But in this case, since this is a new forum, and place for trolls to troll, PVP begins here for P99 red. READY SET GO
Old 04-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Orc

FFA +8/-8, 1 item loot(-bags/contents, -weapons in hand/range, -no drop) + all currency on corpse
Last edited by Blingx; 04-22-2011 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: on corpse~
Old 04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i lol'd
Old 04-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
You don't HAVE to limit race/class combos. Infact it's quite possible to just make a player choose a team after character-creation, without limitations. And no I'm not talking about ogre clerics here....

Release all Race/Class Diety-combos and the problems will solve itself, and if you people whine about the RP-aspect; Would you really call FFA a better solution?
I am aware. If this was the case I would be ok with it. But you would have 80% of the pop playing the dark / evil team. Which would allow Bombfist to be hardcore like he wants and play a light char.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

once again teams i dont really have a problem with...but editing the already created good vs evil is dumbing it down even more. just let it be ffa.. or good vs evil. we dont have to come up with even more ideas to add. just let it be simple. its a simple game..and its been fun that way
Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You debunked your own post.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that with two teams, the balance of power between them is likely to be more similar than with three.
That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying that with three teams it could potentially allow for a more dynamic approach to balancing the team, ie;

During period one the strength between teams are estimated as;

Team 1: 45%
Team 2: 30%
Team 3: 25%

Therefor maybe team 2 and 3 wont be as aggressive towards one another as they would be towards team 1. X months expires and y events happen (Mainguild on team1 disbands etc) and now the powerdistribution is the following;

Team 1: 30%
Team 2: 50%
Team 3: 20%

Now team 1 and 3 may start work together more against team 2 etc...

Though this may be wishful thinking I'd rather allow the possibility of these kinds of shifts in power occurring rather then making it two teams where one potentially just rapes the other.
Closed Thread