Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 AM
Kobold

Default Crash every 2 hours

I ignored this up until now since the game was running mostly without a hitch, but figured I'd see if there's something I could do about it. I'm running EQ Titanium on Vista on my laptop. Plenty of RAM, ok graphics card, dual-core processor.

I used run 3 instances of EQ on PEQ and don't recall having this issue or it was alot rarer. After about 2 hours of in-game time, give or take a half hour, I will crash and get an EQ error. Half the time I just receive the EQ error message, the other half, my screen goes black for a few minutes and then I'll see the EQ error message. I'd have to assume its a graphics card issue, so I updated my drivers and the issue remains. WinEQ gives me about a half hour to an hour more time in between crashes.

Is this pretty common with the way the emulator is or am I missing something pretty vital?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

heya, dunno what the prob is, my comps a old 2002ish at least pentium 4, and i never ld, started last friday, and only ld'd once
Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Kobold

Update the chipset drivers as well. Make sure you are using drivers from the creator of the chips/graphicscircuit (nvidia, ati, intel etc) and not the ones provided from the manufacturer of the cards/motherboard.