Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

secrets and co. aren't amateurs. CSR has to be pretty low on their list of worries.

over the years they have spent more time working on eq projects than the original eq devs did back in the 90s

Project Quarm has to be the reason that P99 devs haven't said jack shit about the future of P99.

One major thing in the EQ EMU dev community is that they don't step on each others toes, that's just dumb.

The EQ EMU dev community would have known months before TAKP released their code and DB, so this explains why there is not even relatively recent info on P99's future.

PQ will launch, most likely within a couple months, and then well into that project, a P99 green 2.0 will be announced (If there is even any player base left on Project 1999)

PQ is the project that the entire EQ EMU community wanted, but no one was able to produce.
Last edited by Trexller; 08-02-2023 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 03:11 PM
Banned

Nobody is calling anyone an amateur. I have great respect for Secrets and have personally told Secrets that. Instead I was suggesting what the pattern is as to why other servers haven't made it.

Being a dev, Rog or Nil, vs being Menden, managing a CSR team, are two different skill sets.

Secrets needs a Menden, at the very least, to get keep things going.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secrets needs a Menden, at the very least, to get keep things going.
Given his work on takp, ive got more faith in Secrets than Nilbog, Rogean and Menden combined.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:16 PM
Banned

If I were a p99 dev I wouldn't be worried about PQ unless PQ figures CSR out.

The rest of what you wrote with regard to why p99 devs are radio silent. I don't agree with your analysis. They aren't worried about PQ like you claim. The rationale that makes most sense to me is that they have no need to communicate with us because of how popular their project is.

They don't have a desire to grow P1999 into something bigger than they can manage.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're about 85% of a wizard with POTime weaponry with both having AA capped, but there are some anti-wizard mechanics on certain raid mobs allowing them to pull ahead on those ones, and are about 90% of ranger DPS with a bow on fights where ranged is feasible.

So in general, is it
1)wiz
2)ranger
3)rogue
4)monk
? For top dps?

And do bards get bandolier and/or melody macro? I don't recall what era that came out.
Are warriors the only viable raid tanks still? Or do knights begin to be reliable raid tanks as well?
And what epic 1.0 items are still used at the end of a pop timeline? Just clerics and bard?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-02-2023 at 03:18 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 03:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in general, is it
1)wiz
2)ranger
3)rogue
4)monk
? For top dps?

And do bards get bandolier and/or melody macro? I don't recall what era that came out.
Are warriors the only viable raid tanks still? Or do knights begin to be reliable raid tanks as well?
And what epic 1.0 items are still used at the end of a pop timeline? Just clerics and bard?
There is no bandolier or /melody. Maybe Secrets would be willing to add that stuff but it's out of era.

Warriors are still top dogs for tanking raid stuff. But PoP (and to a lesser degree Luclin) adds encounters with moving parts like offtanking, mezzing adds, etc, and knights are still used for that. And in a group setting knights are still king with their aggro snap abilities which warriors lack.

Cleric 1.0 will always be useful.
Bard epic is useful all the way up until plane of time when it finally gets replaced. PoP adds armor slots that have instrument modifiers on them removing the need to always hold the epic.
The click from the wizard epic is also always useful for the mana regen component, unless you're grouped with a beastlord as their mana regen is superior and doesn't stack with the epic.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given his work on takp, ive got more faith in Secrets than Nilbog, Rogean and Menden combined.
The three people you claimed to have less faith in than OP have created the most popular EQ emu server available in the world. All for free.

You have nearly six thousand posts on their forums. You have been here for over a decade. Your actions speak louder than your words.

I don't believe you.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2)ranger
Will arrow wall glitch be fixed for PQ?
Old 08-02-2023, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The three people you claimed to have less faith in than OP have created the most popular EQ emu server available in the world. All for free.

You have nearly six thousand posts on their forums. You have been here for over a decade. Your actions speak louder than your words.

I don't believe you.
ok, then don't lol

has nothing to do with me personally

not gonna play that game in this thread.

come find me in others
Old 08-02-2023, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok, then don't lol

has nothing to do with me personally

not gonna play that game in this thread.

come find me in others
Not a game. Just calling out your specific disingenuousness which is most likely a character trait. I don't plan to find you anywhere. Persona non-grata.

All that is an aside from my initial point which you haven't even thought about and dismissed in an edited post. CSR.

I wish Project Quarm and Secrets all the best on the project. I'm interested myself. The new server will rise and fall depending on how well they do CSR.
Closed Thread