Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 02:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theory vs reality. Do you play on TAKP? Or do you just seethecope on the forums?
I play there. quite a bit, actually! I have two enchanters, and i regularly charm down there without a bard. I admit it's tricky to get the hang of, but absolutely doable. Anyway, I didn't mean to derail this thread, I was just trying to help out by offering some insight from someone who has been on TAKP a while and experienced the high-end content. I love the idea of this new server and I hope it takes off. PoP really is the golden era of EQ imo.

If you want to debate this more we can totally do that in PMs. Or you can join me for a grind session down at the Fishlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2023, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

How are Rogues in PoP? Still among top dps?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-02-2023, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're about 85% of a wizard with POTime weaponry with both having AA capped, but there are some anti-wizard mechanics on certain raid mobs allowing them to pull ahead on those ones, and are about 90% of ranger DPS with a bow on fights where ranged is feasible.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes indeed! Rogue DPS is terrific and the best sustained DPS around. Rangers with Trueshot or a wizard going hard will still beat them, though.

Edit: Here's a post from Torven (one of the TAKP developers) where he set up some parses on a dev server. Some of what he did wasn't completely 100% optimal (like using dagger of distraction instead of hammer of the timeweaver on the rogue, or 30% vs 35% fire damage focus on the wizard) but it should give you a very good idea: https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...e-9#post-69973
Last edited by Walex; 08-02-2023 at 02:49 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

question for anyone who's played on TAKP, how is the sound? is it bugged like p99 (awful fades, repeats, missing audio) or is it an improvement? Maybe unpopular opinion, but the eq soundtrack is one of my favorite things about the game.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
among yeah, but they don't dominate melee dps to the degree that rogues do on P99.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
question for anyone who's played on TAKP, how is the sound? is it bugged like p99 (awful fades, repeats, missing audio) or is it an improvement? Maybe unpopular opinion, but the eq soundtrack is one of my favorite things about the game.
sound is much more consistent, nearly perfect

another thing is dynamic lighting which works properly on takp and is a disaster on p99.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Damn, this is really shaping up to be a perfect server for EQ, PoP is my favorite era + boxing rules + less buggy.. this might be absolute gold.

now if only I could find time to play consistently (*mental anguish*).
Old 08-02-2023, 02:57 PM
Banned

I'm all for any new server that offers something former EQ players can get on board with. There might be some underestimation of what is required on the CSR side of things to actually maintain the server ruleset as Secrets has proposed. Many volunteers may be required and managing that team is a hassle that devs typically don't like to do.

I have seen p99 devs and TAKP devs adequately address these CSR concerns on their servers. Most of the other servers I tried out have left a lot to be desired CSR wise.

If CSR isn't figured out, this server could go the route of other hyped out new servers in that it has a incredibly high initial population that peters out if CSR isn't handled well.

Good luck on Project Quarm and hopefully all the lessons learned along the way can lead to a success.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for any new server that offers something former EQ players can get on board with. There might be some underestimation of what is required on the CSR side of things to actually maintain the server ruleset as Secrets has proposed. Many volunteers may be required and managing that team is a hassle that devs typically don't like to do.

I have seen p99 devs and TAKP devs adequately address these CSR concerns on their servers. Most of the other servers I tried out have left a lot to be desired CSR wise.

If CSR isn't figured out, this server could go the route of other hyped out new servers in that it has a incredibly high initial population that peters out if CSR isn't handled well.

Good luck on Project Quarm and hopefully all the lessons learned along the way can lead to a success.
I was thinking this exact same thing. Hopefully OP will use this initial hype ( I'm sure discord is swamped currently ) to recruit some guides. And even senior guides to manage them.

But I'm in total agreement that CSR concerns might be the most important - make or break part of the puzzle.
Closed Thread