Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Banned

Essentially none of what he says is true. Without a bard dedicated to mezzing a charmpet, hasted charmpet grinding is riddled with frequent deaths, and even with one it's still a common occurence
Old 08-02-2023, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

uneasy about splitting the playerbase a third time
but i am excited about rangers being useful
but not excited about fighting over that 10/16 bow in ntov
Old 08-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Three wizards and a bard quadding at tables is better exp than any charm group can muster in POP.

You're wrong.
Thanks for your input. Tables exp is certainly comparable to a charm pet down at depth 3 in Plane of Water but a quad group suffers from downtime while the puller rounds up the mobs, and then needing to single-kill everything that respawns as a caster since they can't be bunched for quadding. I've done both of these quite a bit (four wizards, actually) and can confirm that Plane of Water comes out slightly ahead.

All bets are off if you add an enchanter to a tables group anyway, though. PoP doesn't see any targeted AE upgrades for wizards so they're stuck using their Level 51 pillar of frost. An enchanter pet or two will easily pull ahead.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Essentially none of what he says is true. Without a bard dedicated to mezzing a charmpet, hasted charmpet grinding is riddled with frequent deaths, and even with one it's still a common occurence
Not true. git gud, learn 2 charm
Old 08-02-2023, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for your input. Tables exp is certainly comparable to a charm pet down at depth 3 in Plane of Water but a quad group suffers from downtime while the puller rounds up the mobs, and then needing to single-kill everything that respawns as a caster since they can't be bunched for quadding. I've done both of these quite a bit (four wizards, actually) and can confirm that Plane of Water comes out slightly ahead.

All bets are off if you add an enchanter to a tables group anyway, though. PoP doesn't see any targeted AE upgrades for wizards so they're stuck using their Level 51 pillar of frost. An enchanter pet or two will easily pull ahead.

There is no downtime. I do it on takp all the time. I just rotate the wizard with the highest mana to be agro holder.

The exp is by far the best available, and even moreso if you out of group the bard and add another wiz or two.

Three wizards at Fishlord also out-xp a charm setup, which requires a dedicated bard per charmpet.

Three wizards can also indefinitely stunlock mobs if synchronized properly, which can entirely trivial the Xegony event, and any other content with lvl 64 mobs. You can even weave draughts in between the stuns essentially losing no efficiency from Draught spam.

At tables, I can generally clear 8 quads per repop and clear out all the "always caster/chaplain" PHes sparsely spawned in the 28 mob rotation netting about 39 to 41 kills per repop at C2.
Last edited by Landroval; 08-02-2023 at 02:31 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 02:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Viable rangers, gimped monks, and beastlords oh my!
Oh yeah i can't believe i forgot about rangers. EQ and AM3 are incredibly good. Rangers pew pewing is very high DPS and low aggro. They compete with wizards and rogues for DPS whilst generating very little threat. Love rangers!
Old 08-02-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uneasy about splitting the playerbase a third time
but i am excited about rangers being useful
but not excited about fighting over that 10/16 bow in ntov
Project Quarm isn't going to just split the player base, it's going to decimate it.

For years all we heard was, "I'd be into TAKP if it was a single box server"

TAKP has actual code and database that verant used, P99 is all guess work. The experience on TAKP has the feel of the era. TAKP game mechanics actually work as they did on live.

PQ will have QOL features that neither takp or p99 has, and none of the arbitrary personal preference changes that the p99 devs have made.

This is alot bigger than the P99 green launch
. Green/Blue will have no choice but to be merged together due to the lack of players.

Literally everyone is going to get going on PQ. I guarantee you that guilds are already being formed, and that hundreds of people are furiously planning their class/leveling strategy. TAKP itself is going to see increased numbers, as players work to verify mechanics and database info, so as to best plan for their new life on single box TAKP.

Devs had a decade to try out this or that on emulators, the public has had a decade to rant or flame about whatever game issue, Secrets seems to have taken all this into account when planning a new server.

What he's described so far is a true-to-form era-accurate server with a "what the players want" approach.

This is gonna be the crowning achievement of EQ Emulators.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true. git gud, learn 2 charm
Theory vs reality. Do you play on TAKP? Or do you just seethecope on the forums?
Old 08-02-2023, 02:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true: I soloed a ton with my Shaman in Luclin (and in LoY). I have vivid memories of solo farming those grimlok critters in some Luclin zone with a funnny name, just as a for instance.
Sorry I must have misspoke. I didn't mean that Shamans cant solo anything. Any class can solo with enough work or patience. I just meant their ability to solo much better than most other classes like here on P99 ends, mostly due to their heals not keeping up with the new generation of mobs.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project Quarm isn't going to just split the player base, it's going to decimate it.

For years all we heard was, "I'd be into TAKP if it was a single box server"

TAKP has actual code and database that verant used, P99 is all guess work. The experience on TAKP has the feel of the era. TAKP game mechanics actually work as they did on live.

PQ will have QOL features that neither takp or p99 has, and none of the arbitrary personal preference changes that the p99 devs have made.

This is alot bigger than the P99 green launch
. Green/Blue will have no choice but to be merged together due to the lack of players.

Literally everyone is going to get going on PQ. I guarantee you that guilds are already being formed, and that hundreds of people are furiously planning their class/leveling strategy. TAKP itself is going to see increased numbers, as players work to verify mechanics and database info, so as to best plan for their new life on single box TAKP.

Devs had a decade to try out this or that on emulators, the public has had a decade to rant or flame about whatever game issue, Secrets seems to have taken all this into account when planning a new server.

What he's described so far is a true-to-form era-accurate server with a "what the players want" approach.

This is gonna be the crowning achievement of EQ Emulators.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah the resist code is much more likened to the reality of the content as well. You don't have to bring a bard shaman and chanter to Fungi King just to land a slow, because of devs unclassicly jacking the mob resists through the roof to protect the inflow of marquise loot.

Is PQ go na have the retarded "starting lines" and arbitrary bullshit p99 invokes as normative raid etiquette?
Closed Thread