Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 12:20 PM
Banned

I always thought people were too harsh on Luclin and PoP, but I wasn't into raiding when they were new and I still ain't now. I liked the moon, it was interesting.

Will totally try this, I've missed AA. I had a lot of fun accruing AA on SoD.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a related topic, what classes are great in this era of EQ? Is it true knights can solo dragons with the right aas?
Enchanters (surprise!) are super powerful as their charm pets only get more insane. Nothing will be better exp than a group with a charm pet.

Druids get a form of CH in Luclin that generates 0 threat and also gets upgraded in PoP so they become very capable healers while retaining all the utility they're classically known for.

Beastlords won't be available until Luclin but they're quite strong all-around too. They get slows, can take a hit pretty well and are very good DPS with their pets. Plus they can cast Spiritual Purity and Paragon of Spirits (AA) for extra mana regen.

Magicians finally get to replace their epic pet in PoP but only marginally. Mainly because the epic pet is stuck at level 46 or whatever and has a hard time going toe-to-toe with PoP stuff.

Shamans lose their ability to solo like they do here after Velious; mobs start hitting harder, have more HP and Torpor doesn't get upgraded. They do get Quiesence but it's really just torpor without the snare component and can't really keep up.

In PoP they mostly do away with the "everything above level 52 will summon" thing and it goes back to mostly being named NPCs and a few others. So kite classes are much more free to solo in more places.

Speaking to what's killable vs not, pretty much anything worth raiding on P99 today is incredibly weak by comparison (as you would expect). Gore/Sev/Tal/Fay are trio-able in Luclin by anyone with halfway decent gear (bard resists trivialize them). Raid-geared characters can trio Trakanon and Yelinak in Luclin. PoP makes it even worse. On TAKP Sev has been soloed by a bard, Gore has been soloed by a ranger. Even Trakanon has been soloed by a druid. Just last night we 1-grouped the ring10 war. I'm not aware of knights soloing Kunark dragons on TAKP but it sure sounds possible.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Neat! I'll probably try it too, mouse scroll means a lot, was most aggravating thing about takp besides the multiple boxing
Old 08-02-2023, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Remind us when the server fully launches. Ill play a ranger and chase that headshot / endless quiver / AM3 dream
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 08-02-2023, 01:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nearly everything is already done for this project, so the only thing preventing a timely release is politics.
That and actually restricting a few quests, implementing classic CT, and having enough time so people can take off work for the launch.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters (surprise!) are super powerful as their charm pets only get more insane. Nothing will be better exp than a group with a charm pet.

Druids get a form of CH in Luclin that generates 0 threat and also gets upgraded in PoP so they become very capable healers while retaining all the utility they're classically known for.

Beastlords won't be available until Luclin but they're quite strong all-around too. They get slows, can take a hit pretty well and are very good DPS with their pets. Plus they can cast Spiritual Purity and Paragon of Spirits (AA) for extra mana regen.

Magicians finally get to replace their epic pet in PoP but only marginally. Mainly because the epic pet is stuck at level 46 or whatever and has a hard time going toe-to-toe with PoP stuff.

Shamans lose their ability to solo like they do here after Velious; mobs start hitting harder, have more HP and Torpor doesn't get upgraded. They do get Quiesence but it's really just torpor without the snare component and can't really keep up.

In PoP they mostly do away with the "everything above level 52 will summon" thing and it goes back to mostly being named NPCs and a few others. So kite classes are much more free to solo in more places.

Speaking to what's killable vs not, pretty much anything worth raiding on P99 today is incredibly weak by comparison (as you would expect). Gore/Sev/Tal/Fay are trio-able in Luclin by anyone with halfway decent gear (bard resists trivialize them). Raid-geared characters can trio Trakanon and Yelinak in Luclin. PoP makes it even worse. On TAKP Sev has been soloed by a bard, Gore has been soloed by a ranger. Even Trakanon has been soloed by a druid. Just last night we 1-grouped the ring10 war. I'm not aware of knights soloing Kunark dragons on TAKP but it sure sounds possible.

Three wizards and a bard quadding at tables is better exp than any charm group can muster in POP.

You're wrong.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Viable rangers, gimped monks, and beastlords oh my!

Loved Luclin, but then I wasn't raiding.

Will newbie class armor be in from the get-go or is that pegged to Luclin/PoP era progression?
Last edited by Lune; 08-02-2023 at 02:06 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Viable rangers, gimped monks, and beastlords oh my!

Loved Luclin, but then I wasn't raiding
Project Quarm will not have the monk AC penalty
Old 08-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Always thought that was a Luclin era penalty, not PoP. Oh well. Monks being bullshit OP doesn't affect the game all that much except it sucks that much more playing a knight or warr
Old 08-02-2023, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true: I soloed a ton with my Shaman in Luclin (and in LoY). I have vivid memories of solo farming those grimlok critters in some Luclin zone with a funnny name, just as a for instance.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread