Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-09-2023, 09:11 PM
Kobold

I prefer paladin, the holy warrior gig. Being able to heal and rez and buff as a paladin I think helps a lot. I like to be able to save a healer in a pinch with a heal or lay hands.

SKs always seemed selfish to me. They put out a bit more damage, all things considered, but they can FD id things go south, leaving their group to fend for themselves.

Do you think there is too much overlap with BST/SHM? Shaman is a fairly active class, which makes it more annoying to play efficiently. You'd lack big slows early on, but Druid might have good synergy with Pal/Bst? I'd say cleric/pal would be too much overlap too, but I've seen people do it. I've also always loved druids for their nice buffs and mobility.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Double post special: I often play 1st person, even on P99. Feels classic that way.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think there is too much overlap with BST/SHM?
it's part of a larger plan, we 3 box on takp, ive got clr/ench/mage/dru leveled up, moving forward im gonna need tank/melee/utility

eventually i hope to have most classes leveled up so i can tailor a trio to the content im trying to play. bst/shm will have some overlap for sure, but bst on takp are OP like ench on p99, maybe even more OP
Old 03-09-2023, 10:16 PM
Banned

If you’re going to be boxing I’ve always been told sk/shaman was one of the strongest duo’s in the game

Not sure for trio tho
Old 03-09-2023, 10:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's part of a larger plan, we 3 box on takp, ive got clr/ench/mage/dru leveled up, moving forward im gonna need tank/melee/utility

eventually i hope to have most classes leveled up so i can tailor a trio to the content im trying to play. bst/shm will have some overlap for sure, but bst on takp are OP like ench on p99, maybe even more OP
Always loved BST, such a solid hybrid. On live a while back I did 1 Bst and 2 Rangers. Silly DPS.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:20 PM
Banned

*barks*
Old 03-09-2023, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*barks*
You're right man, that's a very good point.

I'm going with SK
Old 03-10-2023, 08:54 AM
Banned

Paladin 100%

Sks only saving grace is fd. And 30 seconds of a little bit more dps than oom. And you don't even use that unless ur killing a green name on a timer.

All the reasons ur playing SK over a pal min max wise u should play a monk.

If u like being a plate wearing necro and using HT in pvp it's a win case tho! Aesthetically speak ing.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:07 AM
Banned

Other edge case for sk is naked and alone and antisocial so good luck getting gear beyond bronze.

Op isn't that tho.

Pally will synergize. Sk has snare. It's meh tho.

U don't want to fear kite 3 boxing.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And 30 seconds of a little bit more dps than oom.
Rip MC bug. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]