Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-04-2023, 12:49 PM
Aviak

This is absurd post. Warriors are just as if not better in xp groups. They have more ac, take damage better, and keep clerics mana higher than any other tank. End of discussion. The person creating this post needs to get some sunlight. Or take a shower. Or atleast show us where u got touched by a warr. Also if pally or sk chain pulling they will run out of mana and need med break. Warrior don't need mana. The post was made by an inferior hybrid that's salty cause they made the wrong choice and lie to themselves that they are optimal
Last edited by Nitestroke; 10-04-2023 at 12:56 PM..
Old 10-04-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestroke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is absurd post. Warriors are just as if not better in xp groups. They have more ac, take damage better, and keep clerics mana higher than any other tank. End of discussion. The person creating this post needs to get some sunlight. Or take a shower. Or atleast show us where u got touched by a warr. Also if pally or sk chain pulling they will run out of mana and need med break. Warrior don't need mana. The post was made by an inferior hybrid that's salty cause they made the wrong choice and lie to themselves that they are optimal
Speaking of salty
Old 10-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

They're the worst at the main thing the tank needs to do most: keep aggro
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-04-2023, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of salty
Wow very insightful reply. You must be special, with a capital R

Btw I don't have a warrior sk or pally so u can show me how or where I'm salty.
Last edited by Nitestroke; 10-04-2023 at 01:30 PM..
Old 10-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

laughs in sorry you dont got hope this helps
Old 10-04-2023, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestroke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow very insightful reply. You must be special, with a capital R

Btw I don't have a warrior sk or pally so u can show me how or where I'm salty.
Salt intake on max
Old 10-05-2023, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Minmaxing is dumb. Play and RP what you want how you want.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It is highly unlikely that the knights will run out of mana if they have a Bard, Enchanter or Necromancer and if they sit between pulls. That's not even mentioning the clickies and access to FT items.

Warriors are crap for dungeon groups by comparison, if gear is equal. On demand snap aggro for a tank class is invaluable, not to mention the utility they bring. They still have very high health and AC, which is definitely sufficient for 95% of 6-man group encounters.

Warriors only real useful purpose is to tank raid bosses with their defensive discipline. They are most definitely not optimal compared to a Monk or a Knight for small group content. Nobody is lying to themselves when they say that early EQ Warrior is a hallmark of bad game design.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Since tanks generally don’t pull they can sit while someone else brings stuff to the camp. Even if they can’t sit I would say 5 casts of Flash of Light is excessive for any 30 second kill. It’s 12 mana x 5 = 60 mana. Meanwhile C2 alone is 11/tick, 1 natural mana/tick while standing plus FT2 if you have a Narandi helm. No point is, you will be fine if only casting for aggro.

In most situations a knight will have so much extra mana they will occasionally cast spells they don’t need to just to avoid falling asleep (or stuns to shut down casters).

There is nothing wrong with a warrior. I find some are exceptionally salty with a chip on their shoulder. Best tank in the game with aggro problems or ok tank without aggro problems, pick your path. I would agree with previous posters you rarely get to “pick your tank”. If you can these days my vote is two instead of one. Even knights do solid DPS and are extremely durable. Some of my toughest low-man kills were set up this way.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Banned

Geared warrior > hybrid all day

Raiding or grouping

Get better gear

/Thread