Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Default is FD bugged?

I have noticed in certain zones or maybe certain mobs my FD seems broken. I can FD and drop aggro and regardless of how long I wait or how far away the mobs are from me when I stand up the mobs re-aggro and run back to me (bringing adds with them). I just experienced this behavior in Sol B but most of the time this doesn't happen. I don't recall this happening in Lguk or Dalnir or Droga etc..
Old 08-20-2016, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Are you hitting sneak after FD? although you may need to /q out sometimes to drop it.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

I have never needed to hit sneak to make FD work. I use sneak when pulling but I'm not trying to pull here..just trying to drop aggro. 90% of the time when you get off a successful FD the mobs are permanently dropped from aggro but for some reason at times aggro resumes when you stand up as if the mobs are right next to you.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

If your signature of being a 40 Monk is accurate then you're just now getting to the level where monsters won't always insta-blur when you feign. You either have to sneak or let them return to their spawn points.

Danth
Old 08-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Danth's right, I think about level 35 is when mobs aren't guaranteed to forget about you when you hit the deck. You should be taking on stuff around that level now at 40.

Just hit sneak after FD and that will work (provided sneak works). Otherwise just wait for the mobs to return to their spawn point if they have one, or repeatedly refresh FD since that ups the chance of memblur.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Wow. Ok. Thanks for the info. I played a monk alt on live but have no memory of this. I must have blocked it out or maybe I got brain dmg since then. I am pretty old now so I probably just lost those brain cells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Been duoing with a monk whos 52 in sol b lately, and we have also noticed something weird the last few days. No fallen message but mobs keep attacking. Only seen this in sol b, only on kobolds and only the past week or so.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Could be casters landing spells on him while FD is causing it to break?
Closed Thread