Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Corpse summons

Inquiring minds would like to know if rotted corpses will be summoned like on blue, or forever gone like in classic.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Corpse summon spell isn't implemented until late '99 if I remember right. It's the same patch as the Paw revamp.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Corpse summon spell isn't implemented until late '99 if I remember right. It's the same patch as the Paw revamp.
I think he's referring to the P99 practice of ... even when players let their corpse sit there for an entire week, and it should rot into oblivion forever ... the staff here will (unclassically) recover it for them.

Given that they do it on Blue, I imagine they'll do it on Green too, but it encourages players to waste staff time instead of just treating death seriously (a week is plenty of time to get your corpse).

If it were me, I'd say no corpse recovery, and then make case by case exceptions for when someone loses a corpse in HS or somewhere where it's hard to recover, and the staff member can see that the person spent a lot of time in HS trying to get CR help ... but the staff are nicer than I am.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A simple reading of his original post would suffice.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Not so simple while holding a baby, but my bad, I missed the 'rotted' bit.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

They should just automate it. All corpses of players lvl 10+ that "rot" just get sent to the FP noob yard. No CSR
time wasted and no corpses lost win/win
Old 10-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

My first character fell off a cliff and I couldnt find the corpse so it rotted away. Classic
Old 10-07-2019, 05:08 AM
Fire Giant

I was playing drunk back in the day, fell asleep on keyboard and ran into the sea. GM's got it back. Can you even imagine swimming around in the sea looking for your body jesus.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should just automate it. All corpses of players lvl 10+ that "rot" just get sent to the FP noob yard. No CSR
time wasted and no corpses lost win/win
That would be a vast number of corpses. Ever zoned into Mistmoore? Or Plane of Sky?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be a vast number of corpses. Ever zoned into Mistmoore? Or Plane of Sky?
Yeah at least toss em on the little island in Dagnors and give the zone a use other than entrance to kedge/unrest
Closed Thread