Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Obvious greifing opportunity, won't be in despite being classic
Old 10-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't likely to be the case on green.

You are correct that for a very short time (maybe even only in beta, or not long after launch) you used to be able to loot gear from a player that consented you.

I remember newbies always asking about this because it apparently made it into the (infamous) kunark prima guide iirc.
I have this guide in my bathroom, are you telling me my whole life has been a lie?
Old 10-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

It was around into Kunark. My computer couldn't handle the new zone graphics ( crazzzzzy ) and I died running through dreadlands due to lag and newbishness, I was probably around 35 or so. I had my friends at the time who had much better computers find and loot my corpse for me and bring all my gear, including my bags back to me in old world.

I also remember around level 40 or so dying to Ambassador D'vinn in crushbone and being so pissed I left all my crappy armor on the corpse and offered to let noobs loot it, mostly some bronze etc. Finally forced myself to focus on some better gear.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

They didn't remove the ability to loot other players' corpses who consented you until weeks into Kunark.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000720.html

Quote:
JULY 20, 2000
Emergency Patch:
Due to the problems encountered in yesterday's patch, some additional data has been moved to the live servers today. As part of this patch, three new changes are included:

/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

Yesterday's patch changed the way spell-damage messages are reported to the caster. The new text was dark blue, making it hard to distinguish from the background when in HUD mode. The text color has been changed to "yellow" due to player request.

Duel messages will no longer be broadcast to the world unless the winner of the duel is over 10th level. This should greatly reduce the number of duels with inappropriate names that have been occurring in the game.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They didn't remove the ability to loot other players' corpses who consented you until weeks into Kunark.
#itsclassic

This is not a QoL issue, it is a means of encouraging players to solo and not rely on others to retrieve their corpse.

Ditto the classic refrain from displaying what group members loot. Choose your teammates wisely, and only group with those that you trust. Do not petition when someone in your group ninjas stuff, that is on you for grouping with non-trustworthy players. No sympathy for weak or ineffectual players on p99
Old 10-06-2019, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#itsclassic

This is not a QoL issue, it is a means of encouraging players to solo and not rely on others to retrieve their corpse.

Ditto the classic refrain from displaying what group members loot. Choose your teammates wisely, and only group with those that you trust. Do not petition when someone in your group ninjas stuff, that is on you for grouping with non-trustworthy players. No sympathy for weak or ineffectual players on p99
You seem like a real nice normal well adjusted human
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem like a real nice normal well adjusted human
LOL I am just parroting the white knight arguments. I am actually very sympathetic to certain QoL non-classic ideas (multiple chat windows) but I know that this server wants classic, in all ways shapes and forms, be damned if a single aspect is really stupid (not seeing group member loots?) and accept that for what it is - overall, p99 is easily the greatest server on EQEMU, the others are just really lame and I get disgusted with myself when I play on them for any length of time LOL
Old 10-06-2019, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL I am just parroting the white knight arguments. I am actually very sympathetic to certain QoL non-classic ideas (multiple chat windows) but I know that this server wants classic, in all ways shapes and forms, be damned if a single aspect is really stupid (not seeing group member loots?) and accept that for what it is - overall, p99 is easily the greatest server on EQEMU, the others are just really lame and I get disgusted with myself when I play on them for any length of time LOL
I think the line is if a potential classic change is a CSR nightmare or generally encourages wanton asshatery then it’s bad. Everything else should be as classic as possible.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
not seeing group member loots
Is that seriously gonna be a thing? They're gonna remove the ability to see what group members loot for Green?
Closed Thread