Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Hello - please consider the Erudian Brotherhood. We will supply you with the knowledge you need to lead your own path.

I hope you find us safely.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:22 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by santis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bare with me, i know a few have allready asked the same..

i think i have narrowed it down to the following classes/races

Ogre, SK - i think SK is an awesome class, never played one tho. (hardcore penality?)
Troll, Shaman - Really strong class i belive (no torpor, no good?)
DE, wizard - i've played Wizard on live, from pop to VOA. (good classic?)
HIE, enchanter - Did this one on RF and had a blast (borring raids, to many enc on server?)
Half Elf, Ranger - Just for the challenge
Erudite, Magician - My first char in the EQ univers (never gonna get epic?)

I have limetet playtime due to work and comute.

I want to be able to solo while LFG and do quests

Your input here: ______ - Thanks in advance
Shaman, I think, will be in huge demand. There will be no twinks with almost maxed out stats, so buffs will be in huge demand. Buffs will affect downtime and will increase xp/hour significantly. The less damage the tank takes and the less mana required to heal that tank is much less downtime.

On Green, you will see a group dynamic that you're not used to, in EQ, if your only experience with EQ is P99 Blue. Groups won't be steamrollers on Green.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Have you considered Druid at all? Damage Shields are gonna be absolutely HUGE on early-Green in regards to their damage:mana ratio!
Old 10-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Accoring to the wiki, rangers do not get animal fear until velious.
I would say that SK and rangers can not solo well enough to consider doing it. People are thinking about blue server when they say this, where everyone had cheap velious weapons and gear. Vanilla weapons do not really allow for melee classes to solo except for maybe greens with alot of downtime even then.

People also think enchanters are a soloing God, but again with bad gear your soloing is even less reliable. You log in, you gotta find something appropriate to charm, and you're going to die a lot due to charm breaks/resists. Not the best way to exp reliably.

Not saying these are bad classes, but solo ability is different when you take away gear. Especially if we are talking "worthwhile solo for exp" instead of " I need to kill 1 mob for a quest". You basically have to think "who can solo naked?"

Druid, necro, bard, wizard. Then mage and maybe monk. Enchanters have the tools but it's scary. Shamans are alright (with their vanilla gear).

SK don't need much gear to solo, just snare/fear. Against undead like specs they can even use 10 mana undead fear. It's slow, especially w/ the xp penalty, but it's reliable. SK + some other melee makes it go a lot faster, and dilutes the xp penalty.

Dru/wiz solo well because of quad-kiting mostly, which will be problematic on a new server. Bard soloed well due to infini-kiting, which will be nerfed to 4 mobs on green. Killing 4 mobs in the time it takes 1 person to solo 10 mobs isn't an efficient leveling plan.

Shm get progressively worse as they lvl, up until 34. Look up the dmg spells they have at 33, it's ridiculous. I remember on live thinking I was pimped out in my early 30s with full banded + Lockjaw staff, and I could barely solo a single low blue (again, look at the dmg on the spells, and then the mana pool of a shm in banded.) Almost every spell lvl from 34-60 gives them some god-like upgrade though, so the uphill climb to 34 has a long and steep downhill coast to torpor.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

I always sort of wanted a DE sk, and I'm such a fan of the race and im not a huge power min maxer, but DE is such a bad race for it with the bad stats, and the racial hife and vision being overwritten by the abilities the class gets anyway. Its such a damn shame.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a ranger on live, I used to arrow kite with snare all over the karanas

Then velious came out and I fear kited cougars.

Still a bad soloer compared to some, but better than others.
Yep, it's not completely horrible.
And, if you know what you're doing, you can kill HGs at 35+ just like the rest of them - with some luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread