Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 07:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless his goal is to submit the buttons for the official UI to be distributed.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was the plan. I will look into the XMLs and stuff to see how it all works. Once something is more concrete we will submit it. Even in its current state it is better than the stock Velious one. It goes a long way in making it look more like the original full screen UI.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Today for me is all about research and tonight will be all about painting buttons! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I ran up to some people killing Gnolls (as you see in that screenshot) and I was thinking, "wait till they see me with my classic buttons" then I realized they couldn't see my buttons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was the plan. I will look into the XMLs and stuff to see how it all works. Once something is more concrete we will submit it. Even in its current state it is better than the stock Velious one. It goes a long way in making it look more like the original full screen UI.
Dont you dare get my hopes up. That horrendous thing you call a "velious UI" is literally the only thing I am not 100% excited for about green. In fact I had a nightmare last night about it.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is velios UI
Pretty sure the Velious UI files will be checksummed so you won't be able to alter them. Submitting the changes to become part of the official UI seems the best way to go.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

If I could contribute to 1 pixel to this project I would be over the moon (made of cats) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Now I see why you were looking for all that old UI info. Good work, I approve.

Danth
Old 09-27-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Some tech savvy changes that create some blockers to get our classic button art to be as close to Velious as possible:

1. Pressed Hotpad buttons go to transparent and use no image at all.
2. Spell gem Hotpad buttons go transparent, (unlike inventory Hotpad buttons which work)
3. The social window has [actual text] for each button, but the Velious UI buttons have the names of those buttons embedded into the image (or they have some kind of alternate font that gives it that old/marble look)

1. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note: For 3, an art solution might not be possible (meaning me painting each button) because one area on the image plane, is where like all the buttons on the UI are. Meaning when I replaced the social button in those images above, it replaced like ALL the other buttons at once, so like each social button doesn't have its own texture position. Which makes me wonder if indeed it is a unique font (although I bet in the actual Velious UI it was just a separate image for each button)

Note: For 3 it might be possible to adjust the texture positions of the buttons? because there is ample space on the image map to add each custom social button (and creating that art I can do!)

Wanted to drop this bug report so our top men could get a look at it and see if they had any easy solutions to these problems that could help Wenai when he figures them out! (I did not put enough points into INT when I rolled this life so I cant solve these problems, but I can identify them because I put in a lot of WIS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-27-2019 at 12:07 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Would there be any way to grab these buttons/UI from the Trilogy Client?
Old 09-27-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

They likely have the text embedded in them so they need to be tweaked for our current client (unless this is a font! Wenai can investigate that one!)

But if someone has access/finds that image file, could they please send/post it! I'd like to see it. FWIW I have found full resolutions screens of the hotpad buttons (but am still searching for social window buttons that are "pressed") so if the buttons in the trilogy have the text embeded they wont provide any real value, but I'd still like to have that image file! But if they are blank, and the text is actually a font overlay, then we can go with the original art if its full rez (which it would be if we found that image map)

Edit: this is what makes me think its embedded, why would they make it a font, if they wouldn't let you use that font when making hotkey buttons with font text?

But stranger things have been chosen with this game so who knows! (we will soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Notice the HH hotkey is player made, and is the like basic EQ font.

FWIW: If the text is embeded, and we discover the ability to move the texture coordinates for each button (Programmer jargon) then I can create a whole new image map that has all the embedded buttons on it (I think there is room on the image map for everything we'd need in classic) but that is only if we are able to get access to the texture coordinates for each button and it'd be my guess that that is a lot of work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But if it turns out to be possible/easily editable we may be looking real good!
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-27-2019 at 01:40 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

I installed Trilogy (using 2001-copyright disks, there are also 2002-copyright disks called "trilogy" that were from a second production run and are a little different). It seems the old UI is of a totally different architecture than in Titanium. There are no .xml files anywhere to be found.

I could, however, fire up the original Tutorial. This shot is from maybe 20 minutes ago but could just as easily be 20 years ago. How's this for a blast from the past?

Danth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eqtut1.JPG (66.9 KB, 191 views)
Closed Thread