Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s with the pacifier? Too cheap to buy a mouthguard?
pacifier is a style of mouthguard. DK Metcalf uses one.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please see: that recent video of the starbucks trans-dude sputtering and breaking down and losing all composure because there are.... customers. At starbucks. During his totally standard 8 hour shift. You think he'd be bitching about that if he escaped some other hellhole country before working at starbucks? Not likely.
Did you like the performance art?

edit: immigrants coming in, maybe their kids or grandkids will be lazy Americans enjoying their freedoms too. Imagine blasting generations of kids with counter-culture only to import people who never grew up with it.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 11-02-2022 at 04:09 PM..
Old 11-02-2022, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR: Bootstraps still work, and are still usually the right answer.
What is the last service-sector job you had, Ooloo?

How long ago was it?

What, roughly, do you do now?
Old 11-02-2022, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm eating bugs
Did you see this halloween episode of GBBO? Capitalism making it necessary to normalize the eating of bugs for working class people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At least there are numerous pragmatic capitalists

Also, Janusz is an excellent baker.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pacifier is a style of mouthguard. DK Metcalf uses one.
I wore an actual mouthguard in tae kwon do for like 6 straight years for sparring. You can get them for like $2 at a martial arts supply store

If you don’t want it biting into your top lip you can get the more expensive kind where you pour some mold into, heat it up in a microwave, and bite into it
Old 11-02-2022, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wore an actual mouthguard in tae kwon do for like 6 straight years for sparring. You can get them for like $2 at a martial arts supply store

If you don’t want it biting into your top lip you can get the more expensive kind where you pour some mold into, heat it up in a microwave, and bite into it
Boil and suck when I played wrestling.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the last service-sector job you had, Ooloo?

How long ago was it?

What, roughly, do you do now?
Answering phones in a call center, five years ago.

Now I do google adwords\adsense for an advertising agency.

I won't be more specific than that because the internet and crazy people.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:57 PM
Banned

Man, everyone and their mother is commenting on that Starbucks Barista cry video on YouTube, and I just don’t get it

It’s clearly just a service sector noobie. Anyone who’s worked in the service sector for long enough knows that a customer’s opinion doesn’t mean jackkkk shit to them. When a business is slammed, and you are a customer complaining and giving the staff the stink eye about the shitty service, and they stare right through you like a robot…THAT is someone who’s worked in the service industry for a while

You just go through the motions. You don’t rush any more than you are comfortable with, if the customer doesn’t like it they can fuckin leave. You can say sorry for the wait to be polite, you don’t need to beg for forgiveness from any customer

I would say this is because this person is having a hormone problem, but “he” is dosing test! Time to up your dose, brogon. Testosterone is like violence, if it doesn’t solve all your problems then you’re not using enough of it
Old 11-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Answering phones in a call center, five years ago.

Now I do google adwords\adsense for an advertising agency.

I won't be more specific than that because the internet and crazy people.
Just curious. Not asking for specifics. You ever worked in foodservice?

I kind of thought the Starbucks kid was a bit much myself, commie I may be and stuff. Reminded me of a few people I've met in Unitarian circles. Like, I get not everyone has equal abilities and stuff but... you gotta get tougher no matter what, Starbucks youngster
Old 11-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Banned

This video is divisive on what passes for the "Left". Not saying it isn't kinda gross, of course it is, but nobody who has ever worked in a restaurant should be surprised. Or most Americans.

I still think this is a fair entry point for class awareness.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread