Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Thanks

Hi all

I first rolled a character in Jan 2000 right before Kunark. I had a good run and played on and off till GoD I think.

I decided about a week ago to load the EQlive servers after a long time. That's where I read about this server. I then got everything running and am having a blast. Thanks.

I'm playing a Ranger as always. Although I read there's not too much love for that class on the wiki. Heh just like the old days.
'Ranga down again". There was 15 minutes of fame though when the LoTR films came out. Then everyone wanted to be a Ranger. I had never seen so many ways to spell Legolas.

Anyway it's been fun starting from scratch and it's great to see these old zones filled with players again. Back when a little after Luclin and PoP I was still questing for Ivy Etched armor which most players then hadn't heard of. I couldn't get anyone to join me in lower Guk. When I finally did get a group down there I remember some being freaked out and never wanting to go back.

I played on FV the longest by the way. Many thanks again to those involved with the creation and running of this server.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server hope you have a fun time!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Rangers on here will be a LOT more liked, well maybe a little more liked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] once Velious comes out.

The get Fear Animal spell which helps a lot for soloing, and they will be NEEDED for tracking because of how big Velious zones are etc.

And on Raids the Trueshot Disk will help a ton for a few seconds lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So they will do better there. And along with Weaponshield Disk doesn't hurt either.

You will probably die, but what else is new on a Ranger. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome Aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread