Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

My only criticism is that something changed in the inventory part of the ui between yesterday beta and the big ui change today. It's like all tinier. Text much smaller, exp bar smaller, can barely see it compared to before. The stone color buttons are fine, I can appreciate the sentiment of them, is my inventory problem possibly a resolution issue? Not sure but that drastically changed for me and actually hurts my eyes. New spellbook looks awesome, casting bar is a little disorienting because it's not attached to anything and had the old school look but still cool.

Everything with text just seems smaller and a little less sharp to me, perhaps I'll change resolutions tomorrow and see if it helps.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:10 AM
Sarnak

Default Yeah, I do think it's important that people can read the text even on a 4k monitor

Yeah, I do think it's important that people can read the text even on a 4k monitor.

Although atm on my 1440p monitor, playing in a window that takes up about 75% of my screen, I can still read the text. I do think it's important that the game can be played on modern systems though, even if supporting a larger resolution and text size isn't classic. I do know some people do own 4k monitors (aka 2160p).
Old 10-15-2019, 12:17 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly you are or were unaware that you could F10 in classic for the transparent UI, at all times.

Again, see here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...est_-_1999.jpg
I started playing when the game came out and did not know it did this until half way through Kunark when I stumbled upon the F10 key by accident. I was literally awestruck.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

I love the work you’ve put into it guys. I am eagerly awaiting to use it when the server launches. Awesome work and thank you
Old 10-15-2019, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ROFL, well for what it's worth this was me, seeing your post (amid the burning wreckage of the previous ones):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew he was replying to my post on page one. I basically ignored the rest of the crap >.>
Old 10-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

lol pretty much yep I was in laughing very hard scrolling up after I hit enter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus Christ dude
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nice work. Thanks to all involved for the time and effort you put into this. Seeing bits of the blue marble texture is exciting. Someone handed me a weapon and I just stared in awe at the window I almost forgot to click accept. The spellbook looks amazing.

I sit about 7 feet from a 42" monitor/tv 1920 x 1080. I have video mode set to 1920 1080. My vision is 20/20 both eyes but I do need readers for the keyboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some things are difficult to read. I edited the tracking list font to 6 and widened the tracking window in the xml file. I also changed the weight allowance to a larger font 2 instead of 1. After launch will I still be able to make these edits?

The tracking window still had the sorting and player filter options.

The xp gauge still is difficult for me to see but I don't know how to make that larger.

The resist numbers in the inventory seem to be mis-aligned. See the 15 next to the 25. Maybe it's the Yu Gothic UI semibold font I'm using.

The training window for my human druid says Specialize Abjure. Should it say Specialize Abjuration?

Before edits

After edits

Again thanks to all involved for your time and effort.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:22 AM
Aviak

I really like the new ui. The only criticism I’d offer is the mouse cursor can blend in at times and the font size seems smaller on the inventory page. Too small, for me.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Regarding the f10 key in classic I'm proud to remember finding that key and hating it. Looking forward to changing viewport which I never did in old days and making this more classical.

I think all the clear bags and dialog boxes are what makes the new UI so broken so I am glad to see all the changes. The transparent boxes and bags on top of transparent other windows makes text unreadable.

I'm looking forward to disabling linking in project 1999 green 2.0 circa 2023

Does anyone remember TYPING out stats??? Showing people bags of items in trades so people could rummage through?

Hard work.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-15-2019 at 06:05 AM..
Closed Thread