Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Banned

Yeah I don't understand all the naysayers. Even if you only come to like 5% of raids, you'll still build up dkp over time and will be able to bid competitively on nice loot, it will just come at a slower pace than if you went hardcore neckbeard. It's completely possible, even in the most competitive guilds.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't really a lot to it. I was a 20 Ranger at the time just looking for a guild. I thought I'd give Kingdom a shot, as I one day hoped to see some raids and earn an epic, so I joined your discord and sent a message to Shimmerdark as that's what the instructions for those sub-46 said. I honestly just wanted to make some friends and have some people to talk to while I leveled, so that I could know you guys a bit before hoping to eventually raid.

I was basically accused of being a spy, told that it was the "meta" to sneak alts into rival guilds, and was denied entry.
That's a really unfortunate experience that you had with our guild, and I'm sorry that happened. For context, there IS concern with rival guilds trying to seed alts in rival guilds to get a leg up when it comes to the COMPETETIVE raids. My suggestion would be to re-app at 40+, as I think that's more what the policy of "sub-46" was geared towards.

Kingdom is a raiding guild, so isn't likely to extend a guild tag to anyone under 46 for that reason above. There are several awesome leveling guilds on this server (I always hear Castle as being the best) and it's perfectly acceptable to go from one of those to Kingdom if you're wanting to hit up the higher-end raids (yes, even casually) once you're leveled.

We are a really cool group of people, and you sound very cool and level-headed yourself, so I do hope to see you in Kingdom some day when you're done with your TLP adventures [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Banned

Who is loramin in kingdom? i must talk to him
Old 09-11-2022, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a really unfortunate experience that you had with our guild, and I'm sorry that happened. For context, there IS concern with rival guilds trying to seed alts in rival guilds to get a leg up when it comes to the COMPETETIVE raids. My suggestion would be to re-app at 40+, as I think that's more what the policy of "sub-46" was geared towards.

Kingdom is a raiding guild, so isn't likely to extend a guild tag to anyone under 46 for that reason above. There are several awesome leveling guilds on this server (I always hear Castle as being the best) and it's perfectly acceptable to go from one of those to Kingdom if you're wanting to hit up the higher-end raids (yes, even casually) once you're leveled.

We are a really cool group of people, and you sound very cool and level-headed yourself, so I do hope to see you in Kingdom some day when you're done with your TLP adventures [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Castle is a terrible guild. I was in there briefly on a lowbie necromancer, they didn't give a damn about helping anyone outside their established cliques, and was even laughed at in guild chat when I admitted that I have never gotten a rez before (never had cleric friends or the cash to pay for them, so I always just sucked up whatever exp losses incurred throughout my adventures).

At this point I've honestly just given up trying to find a place on this server and within the community. The most I've ever amounted to here was being a DaP wizard, and no one cares about those.
Old 09-11-2022, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Your RA is a direct representation of the quality / quantity of loot you will receive.

Show up / participate, more/better loot.

Its pretty simple and is the most fair system possible.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Even casual raiding on this server isn't casual. Not realistic at all.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I don't understand all the naysayers. Even if you only come to like 5% of raids, you'll still build up dkp over time and will be able to bid competitively on nice loot, it will just come at a slower pace than if you went hardcore neckbeard. It's completely possible, even in the most competitive guilds.
Bid for scraps. The 90%+ RA people have so much DKP they take whatever they want. DKP is a system built for neckbeards by neckbeards. Jimmy Warmbody Casual guy saves up his DKP for that one item he absolutely wants, will absolutely get outbid by Johnny Neckbeard and all the while Johnny Neckbeard is scooping up the mid-tier stuff for his alts. 5%ers might get to roll on the rots if they don't spend their DKP on them. GL 5%ers!
Old 09-11-2022, 08:36 PM
Banned

My guild was raiding Kael and I saw a few pieces of cloth gear rotting in guildchat. Too bad I forgot how to get to Kael…
Old 09-11-2022, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bid for scraps. The 90%+ RA people have so much DKP they take whatever they want. DKP is a system built for neckbeards by neckbeards. Jimmy Warmbody Casual guy saves up his DKP for that one item he absolutely wants, will absolutely get outbid by Johnny Neckbeard and all the while Johnny Neckbeard is scooping up the mid-tier stuff for his alts. 5%ers might get to roll on the rots if they don't spend their DKP on them. GL 5%ers!
It's fairly common that main bids outweigh alt bids, no? I don't think I've ever been in a guild that geared alts over mains in like 17 years.

Getting loot is really fuckin simple though. Both in EQ and in life. You show up, you give a shit, you demonstrate you're a good person to be around, and you contribute.

It's never about who you know, it's about who knows you.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:24 AM
Banned

After skimming through this thread. My initial post still stands:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't expect to get any highly desired raid targets with any kind of regularity unless you join 1 of (usually 2) of the zerg neckbeard raid guilds that control all the content 99% of the time. Be prepared to answer batphones at all hours of the day/night. Casual raiding is kind of a meme on p99. Unless ur happy with "raiding" consisting of basically HoT and trash tier targets that the top 2 guilds don't care about as much.
The people claiming you can raid casually are either A: talking about the HoT/trash tier targets I mentioned above or B: have a definition of "casual" that would make normal peoples skin crawl.