Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Hold on guys. I did this quest on live in 99. From what I remember I also got a dagger on my paladin. This quest is working as intended based on progression of the old servers. The quest reward IIRC was changed to the Shield of the Silent Watch right about the time or slightly before the temple of Sol Ro came out. Ulrich if you are responsible for the fixes, I thank you very much for it, but the credit of my dagger goes to Hasbinbad because he figured out the broken parts and helped us get them.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Actually, there is about 10 times the amount of daggers on the server that I wanted. The quest was broken because the door wasn't locked....count your blessings I didn't replace them all with the components and a note saying "Get the key".

So, pretty much every dagger on the server is either the result of an exploit (/target Tearon), acquired cause the quest was broken (Door unlocked), or done correctly (acquired the key, or buddied with someone that did acquire the key). Overall, I'm not pleased about this, but not much I can do as an alternative. I'd completed the quest back in June and didn't touch it till prob right before launch to replace the amulet with the dagger in the quest turn ins. Even back then that door was locked. So there was a version mismatch on the DB or a bad backup.

I've been gone for almost 2 months. My ability to fix the quest was virtually nil and no one else knew where/how it was broken. When I came back and saw folks saying it was broken I was a bit confused. I'd made not checks or even checked the script when I posted that it should be working, otherwise I'd have known the door was broken and disabled the quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, there is about 10 times the amount of daggers on the server that I wanted. The quest was broken because the door wasn't locked....count your blessings I didn't replace them all with the components and a note saying "Get the key".

So, pretty much every dagger on the server is either the result of an exploit (/target Tearon), acquired cause the quest was broken (Door unlocked), or done correctly (acquired the key, or buddied with someone that did acquire the key). Overall, I'm not pleased about this, but not much I can do as an alternative. I'd completed the quest back in June and didn't touch it till prob right before launch to replace the amulet with the dagger in the quest turn ins. Even back then that door was locked. So there was a version mismatch on the DB or a bad backup.

I've been gone for almost 2 months. My ability to fix the quest was virtually nil and no one else knew where/how it was broken. When I came back and saw folks saying it was broken I was a bit confused. I'd made not checks or even checked the script when I posted that it should be working, otherwise I'd have known the door was broken and disabled the quest.
did you do the script for this? Go get your ho back... is poetry.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Yeah. That is the only line of text I could not find anywhere for the whole script =/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread