Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-06-2023, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. -30 AC, 150 HP, 16 STA, 10 MR.

Is better than:

2. +12 AC, 35 HP, 10 STA, 9 STR, 10 MR, 5 DR, 5 PR, and worn See Invis.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

saying worn seeinvis is useful in a solo situation is kind of a joke (although i agree its a great twink item, its pointless in this example).

those earrings are basically BIS for a warrior, so no point spending 10-15k on additional earrings to swap to for extremely marginal benefits (if any) while leveling. we def past the point of no return here.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think anyone suggested using defensive for soloing as a warrior. Defensive is more of a raid thing. Evasive is ridiculously good against mobs you out level. That is how I go at least.

Until 57 you're likely starting fights at little more than 50% hp. It doesn't take long for hp to dip into berserk range.

See invis makes it a bit easier to aggro guano harvester, that is true. Generally you can just listen out for its footsteps and sit or just sit on it's path. So see invis isn't really required.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-06-2023, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

No one should be using defensive outside of raids or hot.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm asserting that no amount of missing AC from your earrings is going to make up for 150 hp, 16 sta, and 10 MR.
In general I would fully agree, but within the scope of a warrior soloing and without outside healing/buffs … it’s a stiff trade-off.

I have always personally favored a 1:5 to a 1:6 ratio for ac:hp when evaluating gear choices on p99. For live eq I went even more nuts favoring a 1:10 ratio from PoP and beyond.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Black_S...ectrum_Earring

That’s a good example of an alternative for soloing. For a single swap you’re looking at a trade off between 40hp and 8 stamina vs 17 armor class (-15 vs +2). Under normal group/raid circumstances the hammered hoop is the better of the two. When you’re operating solo - I’ll personally favor the mitigation. When I solo’d my warrior velious bp clicks weren’t out yet and cobalt breastplates were too expensive. It was bandages and innate/worn regen.

Avoiding the incoming damage was then and still is to me more favorable, but that is a matter of opinion and not fact.

I’ve said my piece and don’t have more to add [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

The best thing you can spend your PP on is a time machine to go back to sneak pulling and battle bandaging. ngl.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best thing you can spend your PP on is a time machine to go back to sneak pulling and battle bandaging. ngl.
until then its probably fungi, cof, jboots, a good 2h, and hammered golden loops
Old 12-06-2023, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avoiding the incoming damage was then and still is to me more favorable, but that is a matter of opinion and not fact.

I’ve said my piece and don’t have more to add [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure, and I like to equip a full set of golden armor at the expense of 400 hp because its my opinion that its better to look cool. Play how it makes you happy to play.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Pras ;p

I do wish mechanisms existed to allow for the kind of lengthy and autopilot parsing that was possible on live EQ. I would love to flesh out the exact returns a warrior can expect at various levels of AC but between the era and the “one player one character” rule, that isn’t possible unfortunately.

For my parse runs on live I typically wanted sample sizes, continuous and uninterrupted, at least 2 hours long to fully even out the random number generator.

I was then, and remain today, an ac junkie.

For this era hp reigns king as you need every last ounce of it to survive the nastiest ass beaters … and for the rest, the passive ac found on the best gear give more than sufficient ac to trivialize all other content.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-06-2023, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

The only time a solo warrior would need see invis to XP is in velks. Bracer of the hidden clicks more than adequate