Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default new people > exp rate

means:

people leave when exp bonus goes away again (id raise exp rate even more than it is like now)

nilbog, do it right if u want to keep ppl playing on red. you have this one last chance !
Old 08-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Banned

Meh, theres other things to do here then xp, I would still be here with less, even though the OP is obviously trolling I bring you this small bit of wisdom.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Orc

He isn't trolling, this is likely reds last chance to be a server and not just a guild on a server. I logged on red the other night just to check it out and man it was tedious just buffing up. Might just be due for a EQ break though.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

nilbog can still reduce exp bonus when population in on a healthy level, but not right now!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Banned

Xp seems way to fast for me, so far its been interesting playing here. Its not the 10 person community I expected, but it is something slightly different.

If you like a small community and can play well with others - then this is a great place to play a group class.

If you are a lone wolf, then your basically stuck being a necro/druid/wiz/mag/sham/bard. Of which there are plenty. You can then join a powerful guild and twink out your solo tank/rog/etc...

There's been tons of great muds were the focus of the game turned away from > pixels > pals

We can all be pals, too fast xp may destroy it, I'm not gonna say certainly. I rolled a toon several days ago, I'm now level 30, making lots of pals, I hope they stay, but not at the expense of quality, dedicated players. Which this server "seems" to have more of.

Even the trolls on this server are more pro it seems. I like this. The curve steepens abruptly at 50 ish I hear anyway. So as long as there is a cut off from noob>hardcore thats good.

The steeper you make that curve though, the more disapointment for the noob, and the more noobs alienating the pro's trying to start fresh. Who knows what the perfect formula is. I don't think faster is better though.

More xp = more attraction = more people potentially staying. This is good for noobs/pros/pvp gods alike, we all like having people to play with no matter our style.

I suppose the real input in this case comes from the staff running the server, its up to them to decide what kind of community they want to build. How big they want the population to be. Its up to us to choose wether we like it or not. Not endlessly debate it and cry about it. The final rate is ultimately in they're hands and they will change it as they see fit. I'm sure they're aware of how it affects population by now )

Also 24 hrs or so after kubark release see's its first 55 server first... Yeah its powergaming poopsockers who never log off, and probably trade off with their roomates IRL for breaktimes but that is pretty fast lol
Last edited by runlvlzero; 08-21-2012 at 08:58 AM..
Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

55 already is kind of worrying in a social and mental sense!
I saw some nihi earlier before work and i couldnt attack, whats the 50+ range settings for pvp?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Nilbog already said there is a 50 percent bonus that will never go away. Only thing that is going away next week is the "extra" 50 percent bonus for kunark release.

Anyways, imo what we need more then even more bonus is to make the hybrid xp penalty apply to the hybrid alone, not shared out with the group. People are avoiding hybrids like they have the plauge and shutting them out of "community" with that anchor around their neck is far far more destructive to new player retention then extra xp bonus.

XP bonux 10x = wizards/druids/necros level 10x faster. Hybrids still avoided like leppers and quit.

I saw it leveling to 50, and i'm seeing it all over again. The original devs changed this malus when everyone became aware of it and started to descriminate. Ok, we are there now on p99. Make the malus carried by the individual hybrid only. I'm sure they wont mind carrying the burden themselves to 60 if they could actually get groups, join the community of players and have fun.

tl;dr: Make all class xp penalties self only, not dished out and shared with the group.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
55 already is kind of worrying in a social and mental sense!
I saw some nihi earlier before work and i couldnt attack, whats the 50+ range settings for pvp?
This is concerning. Those neckbeards gonna level oor
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

not sure what the oor is, if any. i just ran into hijinx on my own, conned red omgz! thats some srs eq play time in a few days
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure what the oor is, if any. i just ran into hijinx on my own, conned red omgz! thats some srs eq play time in a few days
Poopsocking Trak before anyone else is king.
Closed Thread