Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All 'hyrbid' exp penalties should be removed. It is a silly thought on such a small playerbase.
As a hybrid myself I dont mind paying it at all, I enjoy the challenge and understand I have more versatility then say a warrior, for sure. What I do mind is that everyone knows the xp penalty is there and it disrupts group play and community.

That last part is what is not classic. As soon as the greater part of the community in classic learned of this "feature" and began to descriminate against hyrbids, Verant changed it.

We should keep with the spirit of that change. The jig is up, no one wants hybrids (ok I exagerate but you get my point), and its time for the "company" (Nilbog) to change this feature in a way that will no longer keep hybrids out of groups.

Keep the malus, its a badge of pride and at this point in the games lifecycle its warranted (in xp grinds of course sk/paladin is better for the group then warrior by far). BUT, make it self only. Hybrids will level slower, but not drag their groups down with them. Warriors will level quicker.

Balance.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Banned

If you don't see an advantage to having an SK/Pally over a warrior for standard xp grouping, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. We need a healthy population at end game and we need the new guys not trailing behind for months alone and finally giving up and logging off before they reach end game.
That right there is the biggest issue.

I want to get to 50-60 where the action is. The whole reason i am playing on r99 and not p99.

Taking 3-4 months to get to 50-60 is not viable with the time I currently have.

1-40 needs a 200% increase, 40-50 150% and then 50-60 normal 50% bonus or whatever.

Starting new with no gear, no money, no friends and no one around to group with is difficult (doable yes but a big turn off). At least let us climb the ladder a little faster so i can go back, farm and get some money/items with my overleveled char.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gankstar1868 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting new with no gear, no money, no friends
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gankstar1868 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want to get to 50-60 where the action is. The whole reason i am playing on r99 and not p99.

1-40 needs a 200% increase, 40-50 150% and then 50-60 normal 50% bonus or whatever.

Starting new with no gear, no money, no friends and no one around to group with is difficult (doable yes but a big turn off). At least let us climb the ladder a little faster so i can go back, farm and get some money/items with my overleveled char.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You sir, get it. I've been preaching this since day 1... now that the 42 people that played hardcore have their Kubark, maybe they'll be less opposed to fixing some of the real issues for casual players who don't want to play a solo class.
Last edited by Vile; 08-22-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

They will leave Bonus XP on long enough for their friends in Nih to get max level and then turn it off forcing everyone else to leave once again

its weird how one guild can almost singlehandedly destroy an entire server from its inception
Old 08-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

There's virtually no casual base here, what happens when you force yourselves to lvl 55+ through xp. Then it will be gear. Get with the program or pray for more people to come and repopulate the box with people for you to play with. Blue seems to have that.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

news at 11
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newsat11.jpg (53.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
news at 11
"what's the correlation?"

lel

also I really think the whole "keeping it classic" ideal is really retarded for a box with such low population.

sure, we came here for "classic" PvP, but I think there really needs to be fine tuning to classic which will actually make the experience logical and fun, rather than just blindly forcing the server to abide by broken / archaic designs, even though obviously there are alot of non-classic elements, exp bonus should stay/be increased accordingly for obvious reasons.
Last edited by NachtMystium; 08-23-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Closed Thread