Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-20-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With The Hole pretty quiet these days you could have a lot of fun with that.
Until you run into that max level rock golem.

Hole entrance was fantastic for me 50-55. Then lower level chicken nuggets green out.

You can do CE if you're lucky enough for the single rock golem roamer to not crit resist you or keep a careful eye out for his spawn path. If you do aggro just pray your DS pot isn't on and you can get him rooted and try to camp out. The max (and near max) level golems are extremely hard to have root hold long enough to do this, though.

And of course, as soon as you get the unlucky Bejeweled, Rocksoul, or Stonesoul spawn you're gonna have a bad time.

Have your OT hammer (and WC cap) at the ready in case shit gets ugly. CRs are pretty bad there unless you have access to a 60 cleric that can easily paci to you, or a keyed rogue dragger.

If I ever log in again I'll go try out LDCs.
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-20-2022 at 04:21 PM..
Old 12-20-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen monks do rats in ROOP and Neriak Arena.
A pally can do what they can, to a point. It just takes a lot longer with a lot more self-heal clicks.

I soloed Rocksoul at 57 with a narandi lance prior to the knight table change and 2h updates. 38/45 or whatever for the Narandi as well. Only took like 15 minutes. I think the dot went full-cycle like half a dozen times[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2022, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Rats are prob the best place. With really high CHA can feasibly get singles and the safe spot on the stairs outside of los of the roaming golem in hall to CE.

Still. KC ent is so much less risk you'd probably wind up with more XP over a long period of time.

I just despise KC...I guess solo isn't as bad...its grouping with the laziest players on p99 that I cannot stand.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rats are prob the best place. With really high CHA can feasibly get singles and the safe spot on the stairs outside of los of the roaming golem in hall to CE.

Still. KC ent is so much less risk you'd probably wind up with more XP over a long period of time.

I just despise KC...I guess solo isn't as bad...its grouping with the laziest players on p99 that I cannot stand.
I really liked the Castle top on my monk -- Zentile wrote up a good guide on staying there solo as monk. All would be fairly easy pulls solo with Lull.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-22-2022, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

55+ i solo'd velks spiders, easy exp and way more over time, if entrance is full just goto like 2nd or 3rd floor and claim like 4 mobs. easy to lull and split or root at worst.
Old 12-22-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
55+ i solo'd velks spiders, easy exp and way more over time, if entrance is full just goto like 2nd or 3rd floor and claim like 4 mobs. easy to lull and split or root at worst.
Yeah true, new ZEM is pretty good too.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

As a pally I like the hole idea to 55. Then I’d probably do CoM 3rd floor 55-57. From 57-60 i would just solo HS north. No reason a pally should die in there. If you get a nasty crit in a room just pop DA and cc the adds but really the mobs outside the rooms should be enough.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a pally I like the hole idea to 55. Then I’d probably do CoM 3rd floor 55-57. From 57-60 i would just solo HS north. No reason a pally should die in there. If you get a nasty crit in a room just pop DA and cc the adds but really the mobs outside the rooms should be enough.
HS? Really? I mean its doable but...really?

I'm all set with getting HT'd. The ZEM isn't worth the risk there either.

Velk really is the answer it just feels bad because velious hp mobs. The ZEM is too good and lots of passerby traffic for free buffs / quick duos.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
HS? Really? I mean its doable but...really?

I'm all set with getting HT'd. The ZEM isn't worth the risk there either.

Velk really is the answer it just feels bad because velious hp mobs. The ZEM is too good and lots of passerby traffic for free buffs / quick duos.
I was originally thinking of my sk here in which I used my pet to take the HT. Xp was great, you can’t beat the mob density and they die pretty quick. Velks sucks and is overrun by bards and as you mention the mobs have way too much hp.

I’d do still HS on pal. Ht is like one dw bp click, big deal. If you die there on a pally in north, you need help. Totally worth the risk for me, but I guess everyone has different skill thresholds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]