Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-22-2023, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hey OP have you seen: https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
Old 01-24-2023, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I care, and I approve of his efforts.

-----------------------------

Magician is victimized by P99's ultra min-max culture. It's a fine character for a child or inexperienced gamer who wants something that's easy to play and effective at its role even when played somewhat poorly. It does what it's supposed to do and not all characters need to appeal to all players. Wizard is mostly a failure of concept; its designer thought burst was going to be a lot more important than it is in practice. Even then it manages to eke out a niche for players who mainly want to solo-level up then raid, especially during the 32K HP eras.
The point is that not every thread needs to be turned into a discussion on how Loramin’s personal opinion and memory is that enchanters were different. This ain’t even a thread about enchanters lol
Old 01-24-2023, 01:28 PM
Banned

I like to think that Loramin has a massive control base underground where his PC has a monitor for each page that exists on the Wiki and he spends every waking hour pacing back and forth looking for answers to age old EQ questions.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you haven't done the bear pits yet it's pretty fun for the first while. Probably the best druid xp spot, but gets full after a while.
Fun game getting past the giants to. Belly casters, if you get one that see invis,good luck!
There's nothing interesting about it after about 1 hr. It's a pain in the ass to get to, the exp is good but its often camped and its honestly just a shit area that I was glad to forget. After a few days I found other ways to exp because perma pits is completely void of anything interesting.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my understanding the 4 casters were intended to be one class but technological limitations or game design prevented it. EQ is heavily based on D&D which has it as just one class, the wizard(I know sorcerers are a thing but EQ has no concept at all of spontaneous casting), which can specialize in doing different things like conjuration, illusion, direct damage, or even necromancy.
Sorcerer's didn't come out until 3rd edition, or at least, they were not a core class of 2E ruleset. 2E ruleset was still the latest while EQ was in development.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge is a really fun zone to learn as a druid. You should still get decent exp in the seahorse caves.

Kedge is really fun especially if you start your journey at the frenzy shark room where its the only mob you have to worry about for 22min. Then you can learn patriarch, and expand outward since it's close to a lot of stuff. Just watch out for Phinny raids training your camps since no one can kill him in his room anymore lol.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:01 PM
Banned

also got tired of bearpits real fast on red, maybe a little neat if trioing the area pre 55 otherwise snooZeFEsT
Old 01-24-2023, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing interesting about it after about 1 hr. It's a pain in the ass to get to, the exp is good but its often camped and its honestly just a shit area that I was glad to forget. After a few days I found other ways to exp because perma pits is completely void of anything interesting.
Yeah Chardok is where the chad druids are leveling to 60.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:46 PM
Banned

ally faction zone
chad

pick one
Old 01-24-2023, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorcerer's didn't come out until 3rd edition, or at least, they were not a core class of 2E ruleset. 2E ruleset was still the latest while EQ was in development.
Makes sense. I hadn't gotten into D&D at the time the game came out, and interestingly enough 3rd edition was my introduction.